• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chris Gibb on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Robinson

Maybe showing my ignorance here, but where did he end up after Virgin XC? I'll be surprised if he didn't get taken on by another TOC as he did a fantastic job with Virgin.

Minilad

Established Member
Maybe showing my ignorance here, but where did he end up after Virgin XC? I'll be surprised if he didn't get taken on by another TOC as he did a fantastic job with Virgin.

What fantastic job would that be then ?
My over riding memory on him was having him standing on the platform at New Street on the last day of Virgin XC operations meeting all the XC trains arriving and approaching the train crew with a big tin of Quality Street thanking us for our hard work and dedication and offering us a sweet. Needless to say not all saw this as an appropriate gesture

Matt Taylor

Established Member
Got a lot of time for Chris Gibb, I worked under him back in the 1990s on Wales & West. Whenever he got on a train he would make a point of announcing himself and walking through the train to speak to passengers.

A man who talks the talk but also walks the walk.

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
Chris is never the bloke /manager to take his name badge off and hide from problems.

Out there , backing the staff and talking to the customers -at all times , good and bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.