• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Christmas is coming....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Established Member
Well, Christmas isn't far off now so I thought I better write to Santa with my requests. Popped the envelope in the post box at Asda addressed

Santa Claus
North Pole
Nr Greenland

Hope he gets it - he doesn't seem to have responded to my letters for the last twenty years.

Anyway, the list was quite short this year;

• A new camera that takes top quality pictures even when I'm shooting into the sun, it's half dark or the subject is two miles away.
  • A new telly; one which has something to watch on it. Mine just seems to show a load of cr*p, must be out of date or something
  • A bottomless barrel of beer. Not sure these have been invented yet but I bet the gadget shop has got some crap that pretends to give an endless supply of beer
  • Socks. If blokes didn't get given socks for Christmas, they would never wear them.
  • A new shed for the garden
Lets hope the man in red can deliver this year; I'm beginning to think he's just a myth.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheSlash

Established Member
Don't lose hope man, he's just real busy this time of year. One day he will write to you, backdated to your first letter ;)

devon_metro

Established Member
Well, Christmas isn't far off now so I thought I better write to Santa with my requests. Popped the envelope in the post box at Asda addressed

Santa Claus
North Pole
Nr Greenland

Hope he gets it - he doesn't seem to have responded to my letters for the last twenty years.

Anyway, the list was quite short this year;
  • A new camera that takes top quality pictures even when I'm shooting into the sun, it's half dark or the subject is two miles away.
  • A new telly; one which has something to watch on it. Mine just seems to show a load of cr*p, must be out of date or something
  • A bottomless barrel of beer. Not sure these have been invented yet but I bet the gadget shop has got some crap that pretends to give an endless supply of beer
  • Socks. If blokes didn't get given socks for Christmas, they would never wear them.
  • A new shed for the garden
Lets hope the man in red can deliver this year; I'm beginning to think he's just a myth.

Surely you already have a posh camera :p

Julian G

Established Member
:toothy10: Maybe Santa lives in North Pole Depot now :santa:

He is not allowed in our area thanks to Melvin and his gang of chimney builders.
They made the chimneys thinner

Dennis

Established Member
I'm slightly surprised that Santa is still widely portrayed as a fat, old, white bloke. Surely the PC crew disapprove of this...

devon_metro

Established Member
I'm slightly surprised that Santa is still widely portrayed as a fat, old, white bloke. Surely the PC crew disapprove of this...

:lol:

Surprised he is still known as 'Father'

Think of all the poor offended mums out there!

T

Tom

As I said elsewhere, the forum Christmas decorations will be appearing today or tomorrow - when I decide what to do! :mrgreen:

You don't need the gadget shop to make it look like you have an endless upply of beer, just buy a couple of crates and wait! :D

Dennis

Established Member
Couple of crates and wait? How does that work? I've got a couple of barrels but I do have to keep refilling them.

Alekseys

Santa Claus
North Pole
Nr Greenland

He's dead, mate. :evil4:

Dennis

Established Member
Well he seemed quite alive at the ELR Santa Specials.

That was an imposter - there are an awful lot of them around. You can normally spot a fake Father Christmas's a mile off; the real on stinks of reindeer dung.

Status
Not open for further replies.