• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Christmas - New Year Period 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

455driver

Veteran Member
Not sure but I am sure we will have the usual-
Why are there no trains on Christmas/ boxing day because I want to go shopping/visiting/down the pub*

bull about why passenger train crew dont work these 2 days.

*delete as applicable.

Why not just re-post the thread from last year and save some band-width! :lol:

ushawk

Established Member
Didcot Parkway to Oxford is blocked until the morning of 2nd January
Liverpool Street to Shenfield is blocked some days and has a revised service on other days from Xmas Eve
Reading to Wokingham is blocked until 30th December
Glasgow Central to Paisley Gilmour St is blocked until 30th December
Sittingbourne and Margate to Minster and Dover Priory is blocked until 2nd January
There is work between Coulsdon South and Merstham and Earlswood and Three Bridges until the 2nd January (think the last one there is 31st and the 1st only)

These are the 3 day or longer ones and generally start after the close of service i imagine, much more work taking place of course. (Looked this up quickly from NRE so possible mistakes).

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Is FGW diverting via Salisbury and/or the Chilterns again? I heard from the last diversion that it is suppose to happen in December when more work goes on and Reading starts with it's new numbering system?

ushawk

Established Member
Not according to NRE im afraid :( Think i recall someone posting the other day that the next possible diverts are in 2013

SS4

Established Member
Not sure but I am sure we will have the usual-
Why are there no trains on Christmas/ boxing day because I want to go shopping/visiting/down the pub*

bull about why passenger train crew dont work these 2 days.

*delete as applicable.

Why not just re-post the thread from last year and save some band-width! :lol:

Don't forget Bob Crow and his band of mercenaries demanding highly inflated salaries <D

ole man

Bletchley has work Christmas eve/Christmas day.
Heard they was a 10 day blockade down on the GE's over Xmas period into new year

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
I was meant to be critical of the right-wing media who think unions have nothing better to do that strike and overlook the fact they're people

Apologies, Mu Mobile does not show the <D smiley so as you can imagine take that away from the sentence it looks a whole lot different :D

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Is FGW diverting via Salisbury and/or the Chilterns again? I heard from the last diversion that it is suppose to happen in December when more work goes on and Reading starts with it's new numbering system?

No. The only full block at Reading this December is during the Christmas Day & Boxing Day normal passenger closures - that was already known last Christmas, thanks to the 2012 Engineering Access statement being available.
New platform numbering is in use on the Tuesday morning, it is only the 'Southern' platforms (4,5&6 in the new system) that are out of use for a longer period.

There's been a lot of erroneous assumptions made about the need for regular full closures of the Reading area, indeed as I posted a couple of days ago Easter 2013 is the next and only time the Banbury diversion is planned, in the online planning stuff which currently goes up to December 2013...

fgwrich

Established Member
I think, and it'll be during the Christmas Shutdown, that there is a bridge replacement going on in the Cholsey area (can't remember when the main part of the work is taking place!)

Established Member
in the online planning stuff which currently goes up to December 2013...
2013 rules are only at v1 stage, its late March at the earliest before it'll be finalised. So although thats the outline NR wish list for 2012/2013, there is lots of potential for TOC to dispute the blocks and get them caped/moved/amended for the "final" annual possession plan.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
2013 rules are only at v1 stage, its late March at the earliest before it'll be finalised. So although thats the outline NR wish list for 2012/2013, there is lots of potential for TOC to dispute the blocks and get them caped/moved/amended for the "final" annual possession plan.

The main point holds though, in that NR have only got one major block (of Reading Station area) over a few days planned.

It's pretty much unlikely that the TOC is going to come back and ask for more...

Status
Not open for further replies.