• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Christmas Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Apparently the GCR is experiencing the best ever Christmas Season we've had so far, and we're putting on a rather intensive timetable just after Christmas, including Christmas Day running!

The East Midlands award winning steam railway will be open every day between the 22nd of December 2005 and January 2006. Trains on Christmas Day, trains on New Years Eve, we've got trains galore for anyone whose had enough turkey!

The railways General Manager Bob Crew said, "Our record breaking Santa Special season is just the start. There'll be no sitting down to the Bond film for our volunteers. We're putting in our busiest timetable. Our luxury dining trains on Christmas Day (among the only trains running in the country that day) are just the start. From Boxing day to New Years Eve will be running steam trains through glorious Leicestershire Countryside on our unique double track."

Trains will depart every 45 minutes from the GCRs Loughborough and Leicester stations from the 27th to the 31st of December
However - it's New Years Eve when we really steam up for party fun. We have three trains running. “Turn up and go" parties on wheels serving real ale and a traditional menu of haggis depart from at 7.45 pm from Loughborough Central Station.

"We think this will be our best Christmas ever," continued Bob, "with something for everyone. For families who are tired of TV, turkey and sales there's no better way to get out of the house than to enjoy a ride on our steam trains. With trains running every day between the 22nd and the 2nd of January there's no excuse not to make a day trip."

For full details of times, ticket prices and directions to our stations please check out the railways website at www.gcrailway.co.uk or call the booking office on 01509 230726

I got to wondering, how are other railways fairing this Christmas, as it should have hopefully spread to all the other lines in the country.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
We have done quite well down the East Kent Railway during the last few weekends and overall our miniature railway has beaten the expected target for this year! The buffet has also raked in some/the best amounts of money that can be remembered.

When I first read the quote you posted, I saw 'Bob Crew' as 'Bob Crow' :o

devon_metro

Established Member
Althouth i don't wprk there the P&DSR seems busy filling 10 mk1 coaches on each trip at the weekend running twice a day.

The NLR has had a good season, with most trains almost or full :shock:

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Coxster said:
When I first read the quote you posted, I saw 'Bob Crew' as 'Bob Crow' :o

I regularly read it as that, but our Bob is a nice fella who likes to run trains, not a miserable old scrote who loves calling people out on strike due to a bunny rabbit having a meeting inbetween Mr Flange and Mr Rail.

Status
Not open for further replies.