• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Christmas Train Tickets London <> Brighouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarq

I’d like to travel to / from Brighouse for Christmas as cheaply / easily as possible. Departing on 22 Dec and returning on 28 Dec. Advance tickets are available now for the 22nd but I don’t think there will be any for the 28th due to the King’s Cross engineering works.

Should I book an advance for the un-disrupted direct outbound service and try to buy separate split advance tickets for the return (Brighouse > Huddersfield > Manchester Piccadilly > London Euston?), or should I just buy a walk up period return (Super Off Peak)?

Just wanted to get some advice because the outbound ticket is available now but the return tickets may not be released for weeks, if ever, and in the meantime the outbound ticket will increase.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SeanG

May be best to just buy a walk up this year for who knows whether travel will be allowed

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Should I book an advance for the un-disrupted direct outbound service and try to buy separate split advance tickets for the return (BGH > HUD > MAN > EUS?), or should I just buy a walk up period return (Super Off Peak)?
If you do wish to go with a combination of tickets, I strongly recommend purchasing it in one transaction; preferably as one journey from a company that will issue you with a through itinerary.

If you do buy a combination of tickets fir one journey by adding each ticket to your basket separately as if it was as a separate journey, I would manually obtain a through itinerary using National Rail Enquiries (NRE).

kieron

Established Member
I wouldn't book anything before Thursday. According to nre.co.uk, Network Rail won't confirm the timetable for 28/12 before then, meaning anything you were able to book could end up badly disrupted. They also have a "when advance tickets become available" page here.

If you can't find suitable advance tickets, the cheapest tickets without them may involve something like a WMR/LNR/TFW only super off peak return from London to Manchester, which costs £35. A Manchester-Brighouse off peak return would cost another £15.50.

Status
Not open for further replies.