• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Christmas works at Ashford International - No HS or Eurostar

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlippyFF

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/ashford/news/disruption-to-rail-services-over-christmas-214356/

Kent Online is reporting that there'll be no Southeastern HS or Eurostar services over Christmas from Ashford International.

Selected bits from the article:

"
Southeastern High Speed and Eurostar services will not stop at Ashford International on the following dates:

• Saturday, November 23 to Sunday, November 24
  • Boxing Day to Sunday, December 29
  • Saturday, January 4 to Sunday, January 5
  • Saturday, January 11 to Sunday, January 12
  • Sunday, January 19
During this time, there will be no Southeastern High Speed services between Canterbury West, Ashford International and Ebbsfleet International.

A rail replacement bus service will operate between Ashford International and Ebbsfleet International, as well as Ashford International and Canterbury West."

"High Speed season ticket holders travelling via Ashford International on Friday, December 27 can claim for a refund of the High Speed premium portion of their ticket on Southeastern's website from that date."

There's no mention of High Speed services from Folkestone to St Pancras, so I was wondering if they'd be joining HS1 south/east of Ashford (I can't remember the name of the junction) but a quick look at RealTimeTrains suggests not.

Simon

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LewFinnis

As I may well be travelling back from Nottingham to Dover, it looks like Ramsgate train, change at Sittingbourne then. But checking after I'd typed that, I see that there are no trains into St Pancras from Nottingham and I would be routed via Grantham or Peterborough. Looks like National Express then!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.