• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Churnet Valley Railway about Cauldon quarry

Status
Not open for further replies.

fv43576

I went to visited on a Winter Steam Gala 26th of February what a fantastic day, but unfortunately I did not got the answer from railway volunteer who is not sure what I was asked.
When the S160 No.6046 continue to Ipstone Loop was stop before the left curve I could not see what it is ahead of the line to Cauldon Quarry but they did not continue forward.
I was wonder is there any track left ahead? and the Oakamoor sidling are they have a plan to have a station there? the only one thing I know is they will try to extension a new line to Leek.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

shredder1

Established Member
I went to visited on a Winter Steam Gala 26th of February what a fantastic day, but unfortunately I did not got the answer from railway volunteer who is not sure what I was asked.
When the S160 No.6046 continue to Ipstone Loop was stop before the left curve I could not see what it is ahead of the line to Cauldon Quarry but they did not continue forward.
I was wonder is there any track left ahead? and the Oakamoor sidling are they have a plan to have a station there? the only one thing I know is they will try to extension a new line to Leek.

All the tracks are now lifted beyond the bridge at the end of Ipstones Loop, I walked it last year, talking to a PW volunteer on saturday, he told me it was unlikely that track would be relayed again. I was also told that the track down to Oakamoor has also been lifted as it was waterlogged.

The triange of land between Leekbrook Junction and the former Leek line, was up for sale by City and Moorlands, but the council has knocked the planning back, the sale of the land was suppose to finance the Leek extention to the cattlemarket, the nearest they can now get,

Last edited:

fv43576

Yes I agree, that is what I feel but I hope they will have a better future in the come of years

shredder1

Established Member
Yes I agree, that is what I feel but I hope they will have a better future in the come of years

Yes I do hope so, the volunteers as unusually helpful and accommodating, they even cleared a large section of the Stoke line to the first station.

fv43576

Oh, I did not know. That is good but it will takes a while to complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.