• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Churnet Valley Railway- thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

steamybrian

Established Member
On Tuesday 4th July I visited the Churnet Valley and arrived at Kingsley and Froghall station to find that whilst closed for public services they were running a special service for schools groups. The staff allowed a friend and myself to travel on these services to Leekbrook Junction and return for a donation. Whilst at Cheddleton we were quite surprised to be permitted to walk around the active loco shed and yard. Station staff also provided us both with a cup of coffee whilst waiting for the next train as the one we were expecting to catch departed early. Travelled all the way from the South East to find class 33/1 haulage-- never mind! Also wanted to see "Hotspur" since it had left Spa Valley Railway.
Can any members of the Churnet Valley Railway Society on this site please pass on their thanks to all the staff for their hospitality.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

63a

Thank you for you kind comments - we aim to please! I was the crossing keeper on 4th July, and I will pass on your thanks to the rest of the staff on duty that day.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.