• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cityfox Bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhysHand

Would have thought that serial collector of tired old Scanias, Connexions Buses would have snapped this one up!

What happened to the MAN?

Don't care who buys it - as long as they transfer the cash.

Returned to Wheelers following lease mutually despite what people will try and make people believe.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RhysHand

What gives you that impression? If I was to sell my car I wouldn't care who bought it, as long as I got the cash for it!

Well said.

It's an asset that's depreciating on my books, it has no use, why would I want to keep it if it isn't going to make me a return ?

Swanny200

To many of us its a mystery why you acquired it in the first place!

Could be the same reason as to what happened to my company a year ago.

Got into talks with a company about a new contract, needed a minibus so bought one only for the company to drop us at the last minute for no reason just before signing the contract (they wanted to see a vehicle being purchased before signing, they were ready to sign right until the day in question).

So then we had a liveried minibus and no contract, we had paid for licencing, putting a driver through the appropriate licences, in all after selling the bus I think the company lost about £4000.

Or it could be a completely different reason but it isn't your company, It's somebody elses and they don't have to explain their actions if they choose not to!

RhysHand

To many of us its a mystery why you acquired it in the first place!

Maybe, but as I don't report to any of you, it's not any of your concern. If I want to buy a bus, coach, taxi etc I will and then if I want to sell something, again, I will.

THarris123

Established Member
Lol what a stupid comment. Why does selling a bus or returning one that's ended its time with us make us short of cash ???

Usually the phrase "Don't care who buys it - as long as they transfer the cash" implies to me that you dont mind selling it to anyone, so you don't want to check who your selling it to, suggesting that it will be a quick sell to raise money. As long as they transfer the cash also implies that you are short of cash. If you aren't short of cash, try rephrasing it, as that phrase to me stinks of desperation.

Also no comment is stupid. Some are just less well thought out than others and I find that quite insulting to me - my comment has been well thought through whether or not you like it.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Usually the phrase "Don't care who buys it - as long as they transfer the cash" implies to me that you dont mind selling it to anyone, so you don't want to check who your selling it to, suggesting that it will be a quick sell to raise money.

Eh?

Do you actually care who you sell a used car to as long as they cough up the agreed price? I certainly don't. If I want to sell something, it is available to the first person who brings me the amount of money I want for it.

winston270twm

Established Member
Also no comment is stupid. Some are just less well thought out than others and I find that quite insulting to me - my comment has been well thought through whether or not you like it.

I've noticed the crash course in 'how to respond professionally' seems to be slipping already.....

RhysHand

Usually the phrase "Don't care who buys it - as long as they transfer the cash" implies to me that you dont mind selling it to anyone, so you don't want to check who your selling it to, suggesting that it will be a quick sell to raise money. As long as they transfer the cash also implies that you are short of cash. If you aren't short of cash, try rephrasing it, as that phrase to me stinks of desperation.

I don't care who buys it. Donald Trump can have it, as long as he's transferred the cash, as long as anyone who wants it has transferred the cash, it's theirs !

I don't need to sell it. But it's depreciating on my books, I have no need for it right now.

winston270twm

Established Member
Sometimes it's necessary to lower the tone so people can understand. It's called communication. Thanks for your observation though !

Thanks for your comment! It's as useful as a chocolate fireguard....

We all know you're well experienced in lowering the tone...

Swanny200

To be honest, you only need to go back a few pages, if you got the abuse that Rhys and Phil have had since this thread started, the constant questioning and not believing them to the point of ringing other companies for proof, would you not be a bit terse after all that?

At least him and Phil attempt to come on and answer questions, you don't see many company directors spend time on a forum like this explaining themselves to all and sundry who want to know, let alone remain on and continue to try and answer questions after what happened above.

As stated before I don't know them or their past histories but kudos to them for keep coming back here, I'd have given up by now and told you all to do one!

richw

Veteran Member
I don't care who buys it. Donald Trump can have it, as long as he's transferred the cash, as long as anyone who wants it has transferred the cash, it's theirs !

I don't need to sell it. But it's depreciating on my books, I have no need for it right now.

I imagine from some of the comments certain contributors may not grasp depreciation of assets and disposal of those surplus assets to reduce depreciation on the accounts.

It's a similar case with a certain large operator in the south west who have disposed of newer vehicles, as the newer vehicles depreciation is faster than something old. 12 plate enviro 400s and brand new MMCs might give a clue as who that operator is. I've heard many question the operators logic in disposing the 12 plates rather than their 51/02/52 plate Tridents, and they don't seem to understand depreciation on accounting, and keep repeating their questions despite being told.

D60

Well, I think it's a lovely way for Rhys to spend his time and money...
Acquire an old bus for a short time, paint it up, and drive it around in his spare time and post pics on the internet... Lovely hobby..!
Has anyone enquired about the blue-painted decker, possibly a Plaxton President (?), a pic of which appeared somewhere on social media a few months ago, with Rhys stood proudly alongside it, with text suggesting it was his latest acquisition..?
Does anyone know the identity, and current status, of this vehicle..?

THarris123

Established Member
I imagine from some of the comments certain contributors may not grasp depreciation of assets and disposal of those surplus assets to reduce depreciation on the accounts.

It's a similar case with a certain large operator in the south west who have disposed of newer vehicles, as the newer vehicles depreciation is faster than something old. 12 plate enviro 400s and brand new MMCs might give a clue as who that operator is. I've heard many question the operators logic in disposing the 12 plates rather than their 51/02/52 plate Tridents, and they don't seem to understand depreciation on accounting, and keep repeating their questions despite being told.

Keeping the old Scania in terms of depreciation would show a higher profit though.

THarris123

Established Member
To be honest, you only need to go back a few pages, if you got the abuse that Rhys and Phil have had since this thread started, the constant questioning and not believing them to the point of ringing other companies for proof, would you not be a bit terse after all that?

At least him and Phil attempt to come on and answer questions, you don't see many company directors spend time on a forum like this explaining themselves to all and sundry who want to know, let alone remain on and continue to try and answer questions after what happened above.

As stated before I don't know them or their past histories but kudos to them for keep coming back here, I'd have given up by now and told you all to do one!

Most professionals tend to behave in a professional manner most of the time - look at FSW official - although he may not say much, he tends to provide info in a professional manner usually. Even Phil provides his comments in a very professional manner. Got to remember that this forum is in public view, so if a member of the public reading this knows who Rhys is and reads some of his comments, they might change their view on him and his reputation May decline.

Of course, as Mr Hand keeps informing us, he is the owner and he can do whatever he likes and say whatever he likes, but really if he wants to progress Cityfox using such phrases as "what a stupid comment", he really better look at going on a course.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
But wouldn't you consider the possibility that having painted it up and done various other bits of improvement work, you might actually get more for it than you paid?

That seems to be an entirely common approach, not just with buses but cars, property etc, and nobody seems to think it that odd...

Not saying we necessarily will sell it, but everything has its price...!

Of course, I appreciate that people do improve the cosmetic appearance of things in order to realise a better price. I've done that with properties myself, or repainted vehicles in order to improve the price or with lease vehicles, to reduce the cost that will be levied (as undoubtedly, they'll add a margin on).

That said, it is relatively rare to take a vehicle on, paint it into fleet livery (as opposed to a neutral one) and then move it on so quickly. To carry on your analogy, I didn't paint my latest property in my taste; it was magnolia and white with laminate flooring, not flock wallpaper and tufted wilton! I have to say that £40 to repaint a vehicle seems a remarkable price.

In my experience, it isn't so common to take on a vehicle and paint it without a definite use to underpin its purchase/lease. That said, I fully understand the wish to sell the vehicle. If you've not got a use for it, then you would look to move it on rather than tying up capital/incurring depreciation that could be better used elsewhere.

THarris123

Established Member
It was on the back of your comment as I quoted.

Oh ok.

I have only come back to this thread as something interesting has happened regarding the bus firm - not for reading through the silly arguments that I'm now getting involved in again.

In terms of professionalism, I hope Mr Hand knows by now that he needs to act more professionally in his writing in public spaces. ive repeated myself quite a lot on the subject that im bored in writing it, especially as i'll only get a hostile response from Mr Hand about it, so really its pointless me writing anything. I don't need to worry about how formal I am on here generally as my trade is accountancy, not managing a bus company.

Last edited:

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
it was magnolia and white with laminate flooring

This is also said to sell houses, but I don't think I've ever met anyone who didn't think magnolia is a horrible colour (well, only one, my aunt, whose entire house is that colour). Mine was when I bought it, being ex-rental, but I've removed every last bit of it now - I'm quite a fan of bright colours, though I must admit I do like (good quality) laminate and my lounge is done in that.

But if you *must* go for a neutral colour, as I can see why you might, there are much nicer ones - white is nicer, but there are some very nice light cream and coffee colours that if I looked at a house I might just think I'd be happy leaving it like that and going for brightly-coloured furniture.

But Magnolia is horrid, it's just like someone puking on the wall and rubbing it in with a cheap paint roller from Poundland.

GRAHAMJ

I heard the MAN was repossessed, but that is just a rumour. It went back to Wheelers in any case. Another bus that was painted and did two days work ? Seems to be a pattern forming here ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.