• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cityfox Bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai Corner

Established Member
Must admit I think (more generally) that being a director of a company that fails (i.e. is unable to settle its debts rather than close in a controlled manner) should be disqualified from Company directorship for a reasonable period of time.

I'm not a corporate lawyer, but I believe the offence is 'trading while insolvent' which can lead to directors being disqualified from acting as such for a specified time.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nesw

The Hand has reappeared with a post on Twitter ‘Defect reporting on an app ! Great stuff from Andy.’ , accompanied by a photo of two people in Cityfox uniform. It doesn’t state the nature of the defect reporting, it might well be attached to Rhys. All very odd and fantasy land continues.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
The Hand has reappeared with a post on Twitter ‘Defect reporting on an app ! Great stuff from Andy.’ , accompanied by a photo of two people in Cityfox uniform. It doesn’t state the nature of the defect reporting, it might well be attached to Rhys. All very odd and fantasy land continues.

Defective phone - Taxi number is dead!

See that CityFox Group has a new address on their website :

CityFox Group
International House
64 Nile Street
Shorditch
London
N1 7SR

Top spelling

nesw

That’s possibly the address of the administrators. There’s certainly a few recent notices in The Gazette for various omnivorous mammal companies.

richard13

Things seem to be moving.

Cityfox taxis' website seems to have moved from .co.uk to .com and probably new phone numbers, but not changed the address. CityFox group seems to be changing the address to the accommodation address in London which Rhys's Excite Venues ltd moved to on 2 April (Companies House date). ie separating the continuing business from that to be closed down and starting new accounts with suppliers to avoid continuing with old debts. It is not a simply process!

Rhys has changed his profile and cover pictures on his facebook and twitter accounts to remove the Foxstar pictures. He moves on too, but that takes time.

Robertj21a

On Moderation

Cityfox taxis' website seems to have moved from .co.uk to .com and probably new phone numbers, but not changed the address. CityFox group seems to be changing the address to the accommodation address in London which Rhys's Excite Venues ltd moved to on 2 April (Companies House date). ie separating the continuing business from that to be closed down and starting new accounts with suppliers to avoid continuing with old debts. It is not a simply process!

Rhys has changed his profile and cover pictures on his facebook and twitter accounts to remove the Foxstar pictures. He moves on too, but that takes time.

Next appearance at Fantasy Land ?

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member

The website may have moved but the information is still the same including the phone numbers.

Perhaps the adoption of a London postal address is to keep the Fox away from the hounds of the creditors??

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Or Cityfox Costa del Sol

That might be a good game Winston..... Pick a random place and a random activity for the next Cityfox venture :lol:

CityFox Syrian Cup Cake Manufacturing?

"As one of the fastest growing cup cake companies in the Middle East we are passionate about all things moist and soft.

Formed in 2014 our activities have already expanded to include cup cakes, Victoria sponges and cream filled horns with bases in Damascus, Raqqa and Plymouth; With their distinctive fox logo our express cake delivery camels are a familiar sight across Syria and Iraq transporting over a million individuals items of sugary loveliness per annum. With card payment facilities in all vehicles across the fleet of over 200 dromedaries, we are determined to make cup cakes a convenient and cost effective way to satisfy your hunger whilst walking around what is left of our cities more safely."

carlberry

Established Member
That might be a good game Winston..... Pick a random place and a random activity for the next Cityfox venture :lol:

CityFox Syrian Cup Cake Manufacturing?

"As one of the fastest growing cup cake companies in the Middle East we are passionate about all things moist and soft.

Formed in 2014 our activities have already expanded to include cup cakes, Victoria sponges and cream filled horns with bases in Damascus, Raqqa and Plymouth; With their distinctive fox logo our express cake delivery camels are a familiar sight across Syria and Iraq transporting over a million individuals items of sugary loveliness per annum. With card payment facilities in all vehicles across the fleet of over 200 dromedaries, we are determined to make cup cakes a convenient and cost effective way to satisfy your hunger whilst walking around what is left of our cities more safely."
Did you supply the website copy for the ferry company that the government recent contracted with to solve all it's Brexit problems?
That appeared to have more information about food stuffs than ferries!

nesw

I’d imagine that Nick Siddaway is doing a lot of the decision making to salvage as much as possible from the twisted web of numerous companies, I doubt that Rhys has the business knowledge. I’d expect Nick to lose this repute as a TM as a result of the sudden demise of the Newport service.

Quite possibly, they are also attempting to still start the North Bristol Suscom/Babcock contract, whatever that actually is in the real world. I’d have expected that to have been re-awarded , although the mind boggles how it was even awarded to ‘Slight of Hand’ , I do wonder whether they ever look further than the ‘spin’ and Rhys may well lay on the charm (etc!) but no one is that convincing.

Ultimately, customers and employees deserve better than to have their finances and health jeopardised by others selfishness.

richw

Veteran Member
Quite possibly, they are also attempting to still start the North Bristol Suscom/Babcock contract, whatever that actually is in the real world

They could never have run that alongside the Newport routes anyway! Insufficient vehicles allowed on the operator licence!

nesw

It sounds like a group of gynaecologists. Needless to say the website doesn’t exist and Rhys has also set his personal Twitter feed to private.
I’d imagine that there should be mention of an appearance before the TC in a few weeks.

RustySpoons

[Unfinished] website now live

http://ovviogroup.com/

Interesting that the picture on the 'About' page has a Splendour Transit with new Ovvio branding, and a Versa still. Wonder if that still carries FoxStar logos...

'Developing the Best

Our expectations are high and we have confidence in our people because we are inspired by the passion they have for their work and their customers. We set the bar high, coaching, communicating and challenging everyone to be at their best.'

Past experience shows that isn't the case...

carlberry

Established Member

Interesting that the picture on the 'About' page has a Splendour Transit with new Ovvio branding, and a Versa still. Wonder if that still carries FoxStar logos...

'Developing the Best

Our expectations are high and we have confidence in our people because we are inspired by the passion they have for their work and their customers. We set the bar high, coaching, communicating and challenging everyone to be at their best.'

I suspect the branding on the transit has been done the same way as that on the porch in the background, however the transit is nearer to being horizontal! The contact address appears to have moved to Vancouver as well!

RustySpoons

Just noticed the bodged photoshop on the shorts of the chap wheeling the wheelchair into the back of the van on the main page... Oh dear.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member

'Developing the Best

I suspect the branding on the transit has been done the same way as that on the porch in the background, however the transit is nearer to being horizontal! The contact address appears to have moved to Vancouver as well!

Not surprisingly, this has the strong smell of bovine effluent. Carl is spot on with the photoshopping - the branding on the porch is both quite bad. The irony being that it was the Bristol HQ of CityFox and when the events in Newport kicked off, I popped round and spied the CityFox signage dumped rather unceremoniously in the foyer!

Also, I was intrigued by some of the copy on the website, as Rusty Spoons highlighted. Now, Rhys has a long history of intellectual property theft. Much of an earlier website was lifted word for word from Rotala but not this time... I thought it looked a little familiar so please take the time to contrast and compare...

http://ovviogroup.com/about/4594607093
https://www.arcadiagroup.co.uk/about-arcadia/how-we-work - © Arcadia Group Limited

There is also copy stolen from other websites - no excuses. Theft, pure and simple.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Just noticed the bodged photoshop on the shorts of the chap wheeling the wheelchair into the back of the van on the main page... Oh dear.

Ohh dear... That made me chuckle. :lol:

To note though.
"Being successful depends on being able to work together at pace. We value great relationships and believe the best work comes from a place of positive challenge and debate. Through courage and tenacity, openness and honesty, our people build trust and succeed."
Does this include ranting at other operators on Twitter for issues that are not their problem?..

winston270twm

Established Member
Not surprisingly, this has the strong smell of bovine effluent. Carl is spot on with the photoshopping - the branding on the porch is both quite bad. The irony being that it was the Bristol HQ of CityFox and when the events in Newport kicked off, I popped round and spied the CityFox signage dumped rather unceremoniously in the foyer!

Also, I was intrigued by some of the copy on the website, as Rusty Spoons highlighted. Now, Rhys has a long history of intellectual property theft. Much of an earlier website was lifted word for word from Rotala but not this time... I thought it looked a little familiar so please take the time to contrast and compare...

https://www.arcadiagroup.co.uk/about-arcadia/how-we-work - © Arcadia Group Limited

There is also copy stolen from other websites - no excuses. Theft, pure and simple.

That's not really any great surprise, a Leopard never changes it's spots & all that......:rolleyes:

Usual 'Rogue Trader' then, i.e. shut-up shop, take numerous people & businesses for money, then re-open under a different name soon after.

vicbury

Oh don't worry about that. There's a semi-functioning website, a brand, and dubious text. So he's got more than enough to secure a multi-million pound ferry contract.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
That's not really any great surprise, a Leopard never changes it's spots & all that......:rolleyes:

Usual 'Rogue Trader' then, i.e. shut-up shop, take numerous people & businesses for money, then re-open under a different name soon after.

It was always the case that it wouldn't be long before there would be a new incarnation. nesw will be watching with interest ;)

Bwsbro

My personal favourite is on the contact us page with an address for a company in Canada

richw

Veteran Member
This looks quite useful information!

Attachments

• D20A6FCC-ACED-46BA-8C39-25679FF6AE88.png
    D20A6FCC-ACED-46BA-8C39-25679FF6AE88.png
    721.3 KB · Views: 117

richw

Veteran Member
Facebook and twitter links on webpage also deadish... takes to my own feed!

Status
Not open for further replies.