• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Clacton-on-sea to London

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKLC

I might possibly be moving to Clacton-on-sea but still have to find work and complete studies. Therefore 5 days out of 7 I'd need to return to London.

I'd be leaving from
To EN3 6NH
Return
Need to be there 3:30 pm till 9pm
Every weekend

Then leaving from
To
Need to be there 8:40am till 5pm
Mondays; Wednesdays; Fridays

I'm seeing
£33 day minimum
£500 monthly minimum

Not sure if I can afford that

Can anyone advise ways to get cheaper fairs by stopping at dif places.

It takes me usually to Liverpool Street or London Stratford as first stop in London.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
The nearest stations to your postcode are Enfield Lock and Turkey Street?

I think you are looking for fares from Clacton to these stations?

[.n]

I not sure exactly what journey you're asking about but for the weekend ones, a 16-25 railcard could be used

SKLC

Sorry my cat distracted me and I didn't put in the full info. Then hit send not realising.

So yes Clacton-on-sea
Then nearest destination stations I found were Turkey Street and Enfirld Lock also.

But was wondering if there's any way I can get under that travel cost somehow. Some way I can reduce costs....

I'm 29 so can't get that railcard.

I do have a student oyster for 18+ till August

When I tried to see the costs it gives me either Clacton-on-sea to Stratford zobes 6 to 3 or Clacton-on-sea to Liverpool Street zones 6 to 1 thibk it was 6 or a 9.

Costs between £500 and £600 monthly

sonic2009

Established Member
Are you studying at University? You may be eligble for a 16-25 railcard as a mature student

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
If you're a full time student you should be able to get a 16-25 railcard, but not if you're a part time student.

John @ home

Established Member
The Are you eligible? page on the 16-25 Railcard site shows that
To be eligible as a mature student and buy a 1-year Railcard, you will need:
  • To be attending a recognised college or university, for over 15 hours a week, at least 20 weeks a year. Unfortunately, Open University, distance learning and part-time courses do not qualify.
  • To have the mature student section of the 16-25 Railcard application form completed by your College or University.
  • Have an NUS card or College/University photocard as proof of identity.

greatkingrat

Established Member
I think you need to consider whether this is a realistic commute.

If you are finishing work at 9pm Sunday, you are not going to get back to Clacton until gone midnight, then you'll need to be back at Clacton 6am Monday morning.

That's without any engineering work, at that time on a Sunday night there is a good chance some of your route will be bustituted, in which case you might not get home until 1am.

Status
Not open for further replies.