• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Clacton Station Resignalling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icky Qualms

Is there any news regarding Clacton Resignalling by Network Rail?
As far as I am aware design works were completed quite a few years ago.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pdeaves

Established Member
Commissioning throughout February 2021, according to some info I happen to receive this morning. Obviously timescales are subject to possible variation now but that is the current plan.

collexions

Is there any news regarding Clacton Resignalling by Network Rail?
As far as I am aware design works were completed quite a few years ago.

I assume that I received the same Monthly NR National Schemes Notifications as Mr Deaves, and it does indeed state commissioning as 28/02/2021.

My employer is contracted as the ARS supplied on the scheme, but the project has not yet started, the lead time will challenge that forecast commissioning, so don't be surprised to see that date slip.

Finally, and most importantly, nice to see your CARDIACS avatar. Superb band!

apinnard

I believe 3 of the 4 platforms still retain their LNER era searchlight signals and mechanical disks, controlled from the signal box at the station throat.

Haven't been there in a year though, but the there used to be at least 1 full semaphore near the carriage shed.

Icky Qualms

I worked on the Clacton Line Resignalling 2007-2010 when the station area was descoped due to the recession so I am hoping that it finally gets completed.
Great to see another Tim Smith fan on here

apinnard

Did NR ever fix those points properly (cant remember which set) that kept failing spectacularly late last year, right outside the station?

Status
Not open for further replies.