• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Clag Thread- The return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
Julian G said:
Post your photos with locos/steam and misc clagging :)

You imply there is no such thing as a steam loco?!

richa2002

Established Member
Julian G said:
Total overuse of clag there. Most of those I had trouble spotting any diesel exhaust at all. Clag is when thick black or white diesel exhuast spews from the exhaust. Like this, not the airy fairy stuff you got there:
http://images5.fotopic.net/?iid=y93dpo&outx=640&quality=100
--- edited ---
When I image tag the above image it comes up on the post editor but not when posted :?

devon_metro

Established Member
pgs1s5tl.jpg

HST idling
pgs9s9ax.jpg

Hst thrashing away
sc4s2lg.jpg

Class 25 clagging- if you look closely you can see its not the steam train. (both are)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
andrewmay said:
HST's must be the some of the best for clag. Take a look at this one for clag at Birmingham New Street.

http://midlandrailpics.fotopic.net/p21499240.html

HOLY...Now THAT would have been a sight at New Street!

*Goes to empty the three overfilling drool buckets*

As for me, I've probably got shots of 43s clagging nicely too, but where I don't know. I usually video a HST departure if I get the chance to, not phot it, so clagging 43s on departure I don't usually have phots of. I'll dig around the thousands of pictures (seriously, I've taken over 4500 pictures since December 27th 2003!) I've got lurking around, might just have a beasty shot.

richa2002

Established Member
Yes the Virgin examples seem to have a habit for polluting the environment a bit too much as seen in my post on another topic! It's all good fun though!

Status
Not open for further replies.