• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Clapham and Bournemouth .... 24th June 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

Few from today ...

http://tcfoto.railuk.org/thumbnails.php?album=29

thumb_0150_bmth_vt_220020.jpg
thumb_0162_bmth_swt_2411.jpg
thumb_0169_cj_swt_450007.jpg

thumb_0155_bmth_vt_220020_swt_242.jpg
thumb_0178_cj_sn_377457.jpg
thumb_0180_cj_gx_07.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
"This particular structure in Bournemouth station is used to aid coupling of class 442, 444 and 450 electric multiple units by allowing staff to attach jumpers on both sides of the train."

How can the structure thing aid the connection of jumpers on 444s and 450s?

T

Tom

I dunno... they use it when coupling 444s and 450s though, dunno why though!

Coxster

Established Member
Tom said:
I dunno... they use it when coupling 444s and 450s though, dunno why though!
Well it certainly isn't for jumpers like on 442s.

T

Tom

I know that ... but for what ... no-one knows! They used it to uncouple a Voyager earlier today too.

Coxster

Established Member
Tom said:
I know that ... but for what ... no-one knows! They used it to uncouple a Voyager earlier today too.
Dunno - overlooking the procedure incase something goes wrong? Slash will probably come up with a smartarse answer.

Beaker

Established Member
when the ECS off the Depot comes in you go through the rear cabs vestibule and on to the platfrom for coupling (little metal one) and open the jumper cables bit up, when the service comes in you watch them couple up and do the jumpers this means when it is coming back from london they are on the platform side as they have less time to decouple. For Desiros/Voyagers you stand there to watch the drum over/below the coupling open correctly and that the pins/plugs connect correctly.

Well thats what i was told on work experience.

Coxster

Established Member
Beaker said:
For Desiros/Voyagers you stand there to watch the drum over/below the coupling open correctly and that the pins/plugs connect correctly.
Pretty much right then :)

Status
Not open for further replies.