• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Clapham Junction station announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skimpot flyer

Established Member
I noticed today a male voice on the automated announcements for the 22:13 departure to Bognor Regis and Chichester, on Platform 13.
Noticeable differences were the use of ‘where the train separates’ (as opposed to ‘divides’) and ‘passengers for Bognor Regis should travel in the back 4 coaches’ (not ‘rear’).
I wonder why it was felt necessary to change things? Especially as this service was actually formed of 12 coaches and in fact the rear/back eight coaches would go to Bognor Regis!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I noticed today a male voice on the automated announcements for the 22:13 departure to Bognor Regis and Chichester, on Platform 13.
Noticeable differences were the use of ‘where the train separates’ (as opposed to ‘divides’) and ‘passengers for Bognor Regis should travel in the back 4 coaches’ (not ‘rear’).
I wonder why it was felt necessary to change things? Especially as this service was actually formed of 12 coaches and in fact the rear/back eight coaches would go to Bognor Regis!

Despite Network Rail having taken over management of Clapham Junction from SWR recently, it seems that it is undergoing the same changes as most SWR stations, i.e. the ATOS system (and hence the voices) for departure boards and announcements replacing the previous one.

It is true that some information regarding formations & short platforms is still inaccurate, but I'm sure such issues will be ironed out gradually. There's bound to be errors when switching systems.

I wonder if Guildford (also transferred from SWR to NR, I believe) will get the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.