• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Clapham Junction to Windsor and Eton Riverside

Status
Not open for further replies.

387star

On Moderation
Hi

Going to windsor tomorrow from Clapham arriving into Windsor just before 1130
Is this booked to be a 458/5 or a normal 458?

Either way very excited to have my first journey on a SWT 458!

I remember when it used to be a 455 on this route with low backed seating

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hassaanhc

Established Member
Hi

Going to windsor tomorrow from Clapham arriving into Windsor just before 1130
Is this booked to be a 458/5 or a normal 458?

Either way very excited to have my first journey on a SWT 458!

I remember when it used to be a 455 on this route with low backed seating

It is usually 450s on a Saturday. However, tomorrow there is rugby at Twickenham, which means mostly pairs of Class 455s instead (as the strengthened Weybridge via Hounslow need SDO fitted units for anything more than 4 cars).
There is the chance of a 458/5 diagram but I think you'll have to wait till the morning to find out, and those seem more likely to be on the stoppers via Hounslow.
Last week when I completed the Windsor branch for the first time, it was also a rugby day and I only saw 455s on those services. I had 5851+5919 on the 1428 Waterloo to Windsor, arriving 1522.

If you found an old 458 to Windsor you'd be the luckiest person ever! :D Especially as we are close to the stage where all the Reading diagrams cannot be covered by 458s alone.

Last edited:

387star

On Moderation
Indeed a double 455 there and back very overcrowded going with rugby felt safer with a guard on board
Southern and South West Trains are on the whole good operators especially after the 377 refurb

Anyway notice SWT painting stations grey why is this? And where did the grey and burgundy scheme of Clapham come from? In the past half was connex yellow the rest south west

Status
Not open for further replies.