• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 121 Chiltern 'Bubble Car' Meet (Tue 20 Aug)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Ok, so I wasn't exactly on the meet, but I was on the same train as you guys, and took a few pics:
http://www.railwaysonline.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=6

I used to travel on the bubble almost every day going to & from school, and the 1725 from Risborough was my usual train, & the regulars were still on it.

BTW, I managed to get those 2 guys sitting behind you lot a penalty fare each, by telling the revenue guy on the Aylesbury gates that they didn't have a ticket!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Really have no idea!
Thinking of it, I should've done.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Well done on getting those two the penalty fares. I must admit to not realising CR gave a toss about tickets, I don't recall a ticket check on the 165 up or back down to Aylesbury last year!

Must be nice to have a regular train, regular service though.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
When I used to travel with them daily to school, there was almost always a check on the bubble, but rarely a check on the other train, & almost never any checks between London & Aylesbury. Most of the time, also, the gates are only ever manned by people in the ticket office, making them wholly ineffective.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
WTF?! :shock: http://www.railwaysonline.co.uk/gallery/displayimage.php?album=6&pos=1 there's me and Joy54 stood at the end of the platform! (See my fotopic site for corresponding photo).

Right, you MUST have been the guy who told us he'd stalled it (See pic of the train at the end of the platform)! I know who you are now! You're older than I thought you were then!

And you sat opposite us prior to departure on the way back - except we moved to get a front view before the train left.

No need to be shy, we don't bite. ;)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Mojo said:
BTW, I managed to get those 2 guys sitting behind you lot a penalty fare each, by telling the revenue guy on the Aylesbury gates that they didn't have a ticket!
Ah, did the lie about where they boarded? He told them off for not getting a Permit to Travel. I wasn't sure if they'd been penalty fared or not, but I was aware of some sort of 'discussion'.

This is rail travel how it should be, with a friendly and efficient guard, ensuring everyone has a ticket, and a train with fresh air in it (better and more environentally friendly than aircon), a good efficient service and you can't fault it at all. I also asked the guard if we could have another round trip, offering to pay if required but he kindly let us do so with the tickets we had, which was nice of him. The driver also took the blind down at the front for us, which was nice!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
yorkie said:
Ah, did the lie about where they boarded? He told them off for not getting a Permit to Travel. I wasn't sure if they'd been penalty fared or not, but I was aware of some sort of 'discussion'.

Na, the guy on the barriers gave them the PF because I told him that they didnt have a ticket, and he caught them behind the office.

yorkie said:
Right, you MUST have been the guy who told us he'd stalled it

Nope, never spoke to yer! The train did sound very ill though.
You can see me at the end of the platform in http://yorkie.fotopic.net/p19234328.html (I knew that a FL 66 was due round that time). Because I always saw it pass HWY at about 16.10 whilst going home from school all this year.

yorkie said:
And you sat opposite us prior to departure on the way back - except we moved to get a front view before the train left.

I was sitting almost right at the back on the return journey (though I was only on it AYS-PRR, PRR-AYS) - I believe your 1st journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.