• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 141 Pacers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the class 141 Pacers ever operated on the following routes below, im a Leeds lad and know the routes they reguarly used to work on - but ive always wondered did they ever stray further afield - i started trainspotting in 1996 so only saw them on my local line (Hallam / Ponte) for a couple of years before the were withdrawn, but have never actually been on one.

Did they ever work the following services
Sheffield - Retford - Worksop - Lincoln
Sheffield - Cleethorpes via Brigg
Sheffield - Scunthorpe
Sheffield - York via Pontefract
Doncaster - Hull via Goole
Hull - Scarborough via Bridlington
York - Selby - Hull

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
They certainly worked Sheffield to Lincoln via Retford because I had one or two for haulage at Saxilby while visiting a friend.

driver9000

Established Member
I'm fairly certain they worked York-Selby. They worked to Doncaster-Goole as well but I'm not sure if they made it as far as Hull.

Failed Unit

Established Member
Saw on on Sheffield - Scunthorpe once. Not sure about the Brigg route, they were common to Lincoln but when you pass them going the other way it is hard to tell for certain if they were going to Cleethorpes or Lincoln. I would be surprised if they hadn't to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.