• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 142 mock up in NSE livery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nym

Established Member
We already did that at Lime Street, the other pacer ran away...

Oh, and at Winsford, but we where squinting and it was actually a leccy loco...

Established Member
Oh, could that be to do with when a 321 was painted in NS livery?

Or possibly when the three 90s were painted into European liveries (NMBS, DB and SNCF, I think), though that one seems a long shot.

Last edited:

Lrd

Established Member
The doors don't look wide enough for Pacer doors either...

MCR247

Established Member
I think what he was saying was that we painted a 321 into NS livery, so did they do the same but the other way round? ;)

Nym

Established Member
I thought Agas where green and black?

getImage.aspx

shedman

There is also a picture of it in white undercoat before it was painted. I haven't got a clue what it is and i do apologise about the poor quailty of the pictures. Many thanks for uploading them by the way.

O L Leigh

Established Member
I don't think (someone will correct me if I'm wrong) that there was ever an idea to put Pacers in the Network South East area. And it has been largely debunked that what we're looking at here is a Pacer mock-up.

I seem to recall that there were rumblings back in the 1990s that the old 1st gen DMUs on the NLL could have been seen off using displaced Cl141s, but thankfully nothing ever came of the idea. In the end the old duffers soldiered on until Silverlink replaced them with their Cl150/1s

O L Leigh

sprinterguy

Established Member
Oh, could that be to do with when a 321 was painted in NS livery?
The railways in the Netherlands don't look quite that different from our own. ;) If they had reciprocated with the repainted 321 over here, surely they would have chosen one of their (standard gauge) commuter trains? I don't think the Netherlands has much in the way of narrow gauge commercial lines, either.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
http://www.railforums.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=9074&d=1323293113

Looks a lot like an mpv. Though the lights and windows are different.
Pretty much everything is different, except for the fact that it has an abrupt change of angle in the design of the front end.

Established Member
The railways in the Netherlands don't look quite that different from our own. ;) If they had reciprocated with the repainted 321 over here, surely they would have chosen one of their (standard gauge) commuter trains? I don't think the Netherlands has much in the way of narrow gauge commercial lines, either.

That's what confused me, because I don't recall any NS trains being repainted, or any looking like that.

davelew99

Would it happen to be this picture?
http://www.fictitiousliveries.co.uk/photo.php?dmu142NSE.jpg

It's one of the fictitious liveries that Owen Hodgson has done as a bit of fun, he's done loads of them: His fictitious liveries site (which is where the link to that picture takes you) is excellent.

I suppose it should be amusing that the station in the image is Whitehaven - without going to scotland about as far away from NSE as you can get!

Status
Not open for further replies.