• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 142 MPTE modified trainsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
So it was the Merseyside Regional Railways livery.
As far as I rememeber the Regional Railways livery was Blue over grey with a light blue stripe

Yes, it was the Merseyside variant. There were a few variants such as:-
- Merseyrail
- GMPTE grey and red
- Green stripe NorthWest Express (dark green stripe replacing the light blue - the best looking one in my view)
- Tyne and Wear (near enough the same as Merseyrail but with a blue stripe in place of the grey and black stripes)
- Centro (green window band instead of dark blue)

Any I missed?

None of the variants other than NorthWest Express carried the "horizontal stripe" devices at the vehicle ends.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

So why did Merseyrail not change the livery after the demise of the Regional Railways?
As I remember they had it for years after, I think we started seeing the new livery in 2004 or there abouts.
Or was the change to light yellow with no black a suitable change?

Neptune

Established Member
There were many regional variations of RR livery all in the general style of the blue standard livery.

West Yorkshire PTE - Red with cream stripe
Greater Manchester PTE - Two tone grey with red stripe
Merseyside PTE - As mentioned several times in this thread.
Tyne and Wear PTE - Similar to Merseyrail but a lighter shade of yellow with light blue stripe instead of black
Centro (West Mids PTE) - Green/Grey with light blue stripe

I’ve probably missed some but that is the crux of it.

Neptune

Established Member
So why did Merseyrail not change the livery after the demise of the Regional Railways?
As I remember they had it for years after, I think we started seeing the new livery in 2004 or there abouts.
Or was the change to light yellow with no black a suitable change?
How many fleets are immediately repainted once an owner changes?

I was working on Regional Railways liveried 150’s in 2005, 8 years and 3 franchise holders after privatisation.

Sprinter107

There was a Network North West livery on a,few 150/2 as I remember also, whereby tbe light blue stripe was replaced with red. 150213 was deffo one that had this livery.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
How many fleets are immediately repainted once an owner changes?

I was working on Regional Railways liveried 150’s in 2005, 8 years and 3 franchise holders after privatisation.

How many of them wait 8 years to change it though?

Neptune

Established Member
There were still some South Eastern networkers running around after that in NSE livery.

Goldfish62

Established Member
They were the only ones fitted with dot-matrix destination displays (with accompanying internal screens) and the only ones fitted with those horrible seats. Something in the back of my mind is telling me that one or two units only had the seats replaced and didn't get the digital destination boards, but I'm unable to be sure if I'm mistaken in that!
Awful things. The worst of the Pacer family.

sprinterguy

Established Member
Did any of those ever get Lancashire rose stickers by the doors? One side of me recalls they did, the other side of me thinks there's no evidence and I'm remembering wrong.
I can't recall seeing such a thing myself but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.