• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 150 Bachmann cosmetic couplings

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWPacer

Hi,

I've recently purchased a class 150 by Bachmann and noticed that they come with a set of cosmetic couplings and a snowplough which looks really realistic when shown on the publicity photos.

Does anyone know how these attach to the unit? Do they click in or do they require glueing ?

I wasn't sure and if it was the former I didn't want to break something as I'd already damaged on the couplings with the electical contacts between the unit
(as I gather lots of people have done!) and had to order a replacement.
:cry:

If they do need glueing in it seems a bit of a pity as I guess that rules out the possibility of putting the working coupling on if I want to in future couple it up with one of my other DMUs. As I understand it for my Hornby 153 I can switch at ease between the working and cosmetic coupling depending on whether I want to run it in multiple.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

chris89

Established Member
Hi,

I've recently purchased a class 150 by Bachmann and noticed that they come with a set of cosmetic couplings and a snowplough which looks really realistic when shown on the publicity photos.

Does anyone know how these attach to the unit? Do they click in or do they require glueing ?

I wasn't sure and if it was the former I didn't want to break something as I'd already damaged on the couplings with the electical contacts between the unit
(as I gather lots of people have done!) and had to order a replacement.
:cry:

If they do need glueing in it seems a bit of a pity as I guess that rules out the possibility of putting the working coupling on if I want to in future couple it up with one of my other DMUs. As I understand it for my Hornby 153 I can switch at ease between the working and cosmetic coupling depending on whether I want to run it in multiple.

Both the snowplough and the comestic coupling require glueing in. For the BSI Coupler make sure the electrical box is the correct way round (I looked on google images)

For my model i only have the snowplough/Dummy coupler on one end as i aim to get another 150 or 153 to run in multiple.

Chris

TWPacer

Thanks for your help Chris :) funnily enough I was thinking that earlier if they do require gluing in perhaps just do it at one end.

chris89

Established Member
Thanks for your help Chris :) funnily enough I was thinking that earlier if they do require gluing in perhaps just do it at one end.

Very welcome its quick and easy and does improve the front of the model a lot. Especially on the 150/1s. Ashame no dummy central 150/2 is made then can have a 3car formation.

Chris

fgwrich

Established Member
Both the snowplough and the comestic coupling require glueing in. For the BSI Coupler make sure the electrical box is the correct way round (I looked on google images)

Chris

:-x Yes...I now hate that when people put the dummy couplers in incorrectly, and then glue them in (I brought a Ex Central 150/1 off of ebay a few months ago, good model, just annoyingly ruined by one of the dummy couplings glued in upside down...and just to annoy me further, it's just snapped out) :roll:

Very welcome its quick and easy and does improve the front of the model a lot. Especially on the 150/1s. Ashame no dummy central 150/2 is made then can have a 3car formation.

Chris

I know, I’m trying to work out how to do the same. Either creating FGWs 150121 / 127, or my local unit 150001. Fortunately i managed to snap up a spare 150 chassis from Ebay last week, along with a spare 150/2 Bodyshell, although my next problem is that its a /1 chassis which just doesn’t fit under the /2 shell - unless you remove the lighting tunnel... Still, that’s the fun of modelling!
It's a shame that Bachmann hasn’t brought out any other new liveries for the 150s yet, as now that Centrals 150s are off to pastures new - you can find ex CT & Silverlink liveried units as far as Penzance and Carlisle, as well as FGWs Blue 150s and Northerns.

chris89

Established Member
:-x Yes...I now hate that when people put the dummy couplers in incorrectly, and then glue them in (I brought a Ex Central 150/1 off of ebay a few months ago, good model, just annoyingly ruined by one of the dummy couplings glued in upside down...and just to annoy me further, it's just snapped out) :roll:

Sadly the problem with Ebay, but then lots of people don't do any form of research though

I know, I’m trying to work out how to do the same. Either creating FGWs 150121 / 127, or my local unit 150001. Fortunately i managed to snap up a spare 150 chassis from Ebay last week, along with a spare 150/2 Bodyshell, although my next problem is that its a /1 chassis which just doesn’t fit under the /2 shell - unless you remove the lighting tunnel... Still, that’s the fun of modelling!
It's a shame that Bachmann hasn’t brought out any other new liveries for the 150s yet, as now that Centrals 150s are off to pastures new - you can find ex CT & Silverlink liveried units as far as Penzance and Carlisle, as well as FGWs Blue 150s and Northerns.

We still have a few 150s in this area, but all down to two car formations now.

Can always hope that Bachmann will do so really, same as release a proper dummy car for 150s as well for us in FGW and LM areas, as thought it would be a money making idea for doing so.

Although Bachmann are concentrating on the flagship model being the Blue Pullman though (which does look fantastic)

Chris

NightStar

What about Electra Railway graphics? Maybe if you sent a email to Adam he could come up with something for your 150 needs? Just a thought. I personally like his Nightstar graphics.

Robert

TWPacer

Yeah would be nice to see a 3 car variant and a Northern Rail livery variant ! It is a superbly detailed model - my only criticism is I find it a bit of a plodder performance wise? Do others find it the same?

Shame they didn't bring out a class 317 too as you'd have thought it would be possible without too much alterations to tooling - but maybe I'm getting a bit ahead of myself now.....

chris89

Established Member
Yeah would be nice to see a 3 car variant and a Northern Rail livery variant ! It is a superbly detailed model - my only criticism is I find it a bit of a plodder performance wise? Do others find it the same?

Shame they didn't bring out a class 317 too as you'd have thought it would be possible without too much alterations to tooling - but maybe I'm getting a bit ahead of myself now.....

The performance seems to be fine on my model. Just ashame the method they used for the motor block etc. But then using the PH Designs Dummy seats outlay works well for it.

Well wait to see what the reports are for how well the Class 350 did before we see more 25KV Emus sadly. A Class 317/318 would be very nice.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.