• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 150 Decoupling Randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incontro

Been using RW for only about a week so far. Great game, and I got the payware Class 150 addon for RW3. However, during the built in Winter Scenario on Oxford Paddington (Called Bitter Morning or something along those lines) my train randomly loses carriages along the route.

I am not driving excessively fast or braking hard, any suggestions? :|

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crossover

Established Member
Not had it with the 150 (and I am sure I have completed the scenario you refer to without any issues) but have had the 170 do it once on the E to G line. In that case I reloaded the scenario again and it didn't do it any more.

My only suggestion would be the age old clear blueprint cache etc and see if it helps (which I believe should be done after installing new add-ons anyway, not that I always remember!)

Darandio

Established Member
You are using the latest version of Railworks aren't you? This problem should be fixed.

Incontro

Crossover:1028537 said:
Not had it with the 150 (and I am sure I have completed the scenario you refer to without any issues) but have had the 170 do it once on the E to G line. In that case I reloaded the scenario again and it didn't do it any more.

My only suggestion would be the age old clear blueprint cache etc and see if it helps (which I believe should be done after installing new add-ons anyway, not that I always remember!)

Never had heard about this "blueprint cache" thing until now... Learn something new every day, I guess.

Will try that, hopefully it will help.

@Darandio,

Yes, it is updated to the latest version. Isn't it just a problem with the addon though?

Darandio

Established Member
No, it was the coupling in the core program which caused the issue. At first, the 166 would split and leave coaches behind and this was fixed. However, after another update, it happened to the 150 but was then addressed.

Incontro

No, it was the coupling in the core program which caused the issue. At first, the 166 would split and leave coaches behind and this was fixed. However, after another update, it happened to the 150 but was then addressed.

After updating the game through steam, the problem seems to have been solved. (Time will really tell, but it's good so far.) I run RW out of the box on my other computer, which I use for various sims, and it is not connected to the internet.

Crossover, I found the blueprint cache clear button, but it is greyed out, and I can't click it for some reason.

tl;dr

Thanks to all that helped though, the problem seems fixed. :)

Crossover

Established Member
Crossover, I found the blueprint cache clear button, but it is greyed out, and I can't click it for some reason.

I suspect you have been running Railworks (as in the main program) and have then closed it and gone back to the splash screen and found it greyed out.

If so, close the splash screen and start again and you'll find that you can now do it :)

It is useful to get acquainted with as it does solve a fair number of problems usually

voyagerdude220

Established Member
I suspect you have been running Railworks (as in the main program) and have then closed it and gone back to the splash screen and found it greyed out.

If so, close the splash screen and start again and you'll find that you can now do it :)

It is useful to get acquainted with as it does solve a fair number of problems usually
Sorry to go off topic. I've been driving on the WCML North route, and find that it often at short notice sends me into loops at Lockerbie (northbound) & Beattock (southbound). Any ideas how I can fix it? Thanks.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
If it is on the free roam, you can change the points yourself by moving round the map and shift+left clicking on them (or is it Ctrl+left click).

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Thanks for your advice. I've tried clicking on the points as I approach, but it often immediately changes back..

ert47

Try pressing "G" as you approach (i think) thats the shortcut for changing points

Crossover

Established Member
It won't necessarily change at short notice, more a case of it appears short notice when barrelling down the WCML :P

If you can, try and change them before setting off, although given that route doesn't show beyond a certain point it may be difficult to work out which way the points are set.

I seem to recall a friend of mine had the same thing happen and the Pendolino travelling flat out didn't take kindly to a 40mph crossover :lol:

I have seen the points just flick straight back but it is often when they are locked by something over them, which clearly won't be the case here. It could be something to do with interlocking of other routes nearby, though I don't think RW has a problem with this and tends to allow setting conflicting movements

Status
Not open for further replies.