• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 150 On The MML 25.95,16

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichmondCommu

Established Member
G'day everyone,

I'm spending the night at my Mum's house which has a great view of the MML between Ambergate and Clay Cross. At around 20.20 tonight I'm absolutely certain that I saw a class 150 Sprinter heading south and I'm curious to know why as it must be a very rare working.

Any information on this would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Richmond Commuter!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SeanG

G'day everyone,

I'm spending the night at my Mum's house which has a great view of the MML between Ambergate and Clay Cross. At around 20.20 tonight I'm absolutely certain that I saw a class 150 Sprinter heading south and I'm curious to know why as it must be a very rare working.

Any information on this would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Richmond Commuter!

Northern I presume?
It would be vice a 158 on the Nottingham - Leeds via Derby

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Thanks for your reply. However the train was heading south bound and definitely was not a class 158 :)

The only other possibility is could it have been a GWR 150, I could be way out here but haven't some been receiving attention at Doncaster, if southbound then perhaps one making its way back to the Westcountry? It wasn't green by any chance?

Last edited:

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
The only other possibility is could it have been a GWR 150, I could be way out here but haven't some been receiving attention at Doncaster, if southbound then perhaps one making its way back to the Westcountry?

A picture of GWR 150106 at Doncaster station was posted on Facebook today, so if at station could assume to have left Wabtec and ready to go home. Can't trace an ECS move on RTT but that is nothing to go by if STP.

RichmondCommu

Established Member
The only other possibility is could it have been a GWR 150, I could be way out here but haven't some been receiving attention at Doncaster, if southbound then perhaps one making its way back to the Westcountry? It wasn't green by any chance?

Ash Bridge I think you might be right! The class 150 had the word Western on it although I couldn't make out the colour and it definitely looked shiny and new. Even when they were based at Etches Park they never ran north of Ambergate on the MML. Many thanks :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
GWR 150s do take that route coming from Doncaster.

This is what you saw

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/K91015/2016/05/25/advanced

Many thanks for this. A problem with the traction equipment is not good given that its just left Wabtec!

Kingsbury Jn.

A picture of GWR 150106 at Doncaster station was posted on Facebook today, so if at station could assume to have left Wabtec and ready to go home. Can't trace an ECS move on RTT but that is nothing to go by if STP.

If it is this one on Realtime Trains, then it may need to go back North...:cry:

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/K91015/2016/05/25/advanced

Sorry! Just noticed post#6. That's the problem with going off to make a coffee and not hitting the post button!

Last edited:

Rich McLean

Established Member
Ash Bridge I think you might be right! The class 150 had the word Western on it although I couldn't make out the colour and it definitely looked shiny and new. Even when they were based at Etches Park they never ran north of Ambergate on the MML. Many thanks :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Many thanks for this. A problem with the traction equipment is not good given that its just left Wabtec!

It's been a common occurrence unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.