• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 153 Highland Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratpick_2000

Hi all, we are planning a bike trip from Glasgow to Oban on board the new Highland explorer. ScotRail appear to be using Class 153 stock.

I have a bike trailer 84cm wide and I’m wondering if anyone out there knows the width of the single leaf door to get onboard these trains?

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dr Hoo

Established Member
Welcome to the Forum.

Just checked the ScotRail website. It says, "Due to on-train space restrictions and for customer and staff safety, we are unable to accommodate tandems, tricycles and non-folding cycle trailers on our trains".

(There are special things about the Inter7City short HSTs but no mention of the Class 153.)

InOban

Established Member
The 153Ex can take tandems, it's mentioned in the publicity.

InOban

Established Member
Hi all, we are planning a bike trip from Glasgow to Oban on board the new Highland explorer. ScotRail appear to be using Class 153 stock.

I have a bike trailer 84cm wide and I’m wondering if anyone out there knows the width of the single leaf door to get onboard these trains?

Thanks!
Actually it's not the width of the door, it's the distance between the two grab rails inside. I've just measured it today at Oban and I'm afraid it's just over 30 inches or 75cm.

Status
Not open for further replies.