• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 158s to Newquay

Status
Not open for further replies.

159jim

Hi

I was just wondering, Since Class 158s are sort of my favorite units, and I went to Newquay less than a fortnight ago and had a lovely time in the town and on my HST/Voyager there & back...

Have class 158s ever made it up to Newquay, an if so does anyone have any photographic evidence?

Thanks,
Jim.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dk1

Veteran Member
Would have thought so under South Wales & West/Wales & West/Wessex who ran many 158s into Cornwall. Don't think they where ever diagrammed but probably covered for a failure/operating prob at some point.

83G/84D

Established Member
Sectional Appendix states that 158's are not allowed beyond St Blazey.This dates back to when units were serviced overnight on St Blazey but they have never gone to Newquay.
They are allowed on the Falmouth branch and did have a regular Sunday diagram on this line a few years back.
They are also allowed on the St Ives branch but NOT into the bay platform at St Erth,which means they rarely went on this line at all.

richw

Veteran Member
Sectional Appendix states that 158's are not allowed beyond St Blazey.This dates back to when units were serviced overnight on St Blazey but they have never gone to Newquay.
They are allowed on the Falmouth branch and did have a regular Sunday diagram on this line a few years back.
They are also allowed on the St Ives branch but NOT into the bay platform at St Erth,which means they rarely went on this line at all.

In 2006 they were diagrammed to Falmouth during the week. There was also a Friday only in Wales and west days that originated further up the region, and ran through to Falmouth, think it ended at par or Plymouth the rest of the week. Believe it arrived in Falmouth about 2300, on a Friday

**edit, was the 2057 from exeter st davids to par that extended to falmouth on a friday, then forming the 2333 back to par

Last edited:
From Monday 2nd July the following service is booked to be a class 158/0 on Mon - Thurs only (FRI it is booked a class 150/2).

1357 Bristol Temple Meads - Exeter St Davids
1710 Exeter St Davids - St James Park

ECS St James Park - Exmouth Junction
ECS Exmouth Junction - St James Park

1740 St James Park - Paignton
1852 Paignton - Exeter St Davids

ECS Exeter St Davids - Bristol Temple Meads

Status
Not open for further replies.