• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

class 165/166 tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

387star

On Moderation
Hi

I heard FGW ripped out all tables from the 165s in standard class.

Have they kept them on the 166s?

I also thought EMT were ripping out tables on the backs of seats on the 153s but it appears some refeurbished examples do in fact have them? Did they change their minds?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fgwrich

Established Member
The 165s never really had tables in the sense of a table, more just a wall mounted tray, which were taken out during the refurbishment due to persistant vandalism. One of the problems was, was the way they were mounted into the units interior - no support legs or anything, just a couple of brackets which held it into the top and bottom of the panels - break this off, and you risk breaking the panels.

Personally im also glad they were removed, as they were frequently either brocken or left filled with rubbish, and hardly gave you a positive feeling / reaction of what is a good DMU.

TEW

Established Member
The 166s do retain their tables, and they are much more table like. In the 3+2 seating area they extend about half the width of the seating bay and in the small 2+2 seating area they are full size tables.

bronzeonion

I used to use the unrefurbished 165's on the Greenford branch alot and never noticed the trays missing but I did notice they were often very dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.