• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 172 Refurbishment/Snow Hill Capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealTrains07

Established Member
WMR should have kept LO orange hand grips. Looked far nicer here than light grey and suited to the WMR colour scheme like the 323s

Attachments

• 76AC7CF2-D76E-48E4-B163-C768F6F8C8EA.jpeg
    76AC7CF2-D76E-48E4-B163-C768F6F8C8EA.jpeg
    623.6 KB · Views: 127
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

XCTurbostar

Established Member
WMR should have kept LO orange hand grips. Looked far nicer here than light grey and suited to the WMR colour scheme like the 323s
I believe the Orange Hand Grips were actually owned by TfL so they would have been removed before the unit departed for Illford.

centraltrains

I thought WMR had added bike storage as part of the refurbishment. Cant see any obvious signs of it?
I thought the idea was that you locked your bike onto that bar using a bike lock... On the 172/2s and /3s the bike sticker on the outside door is in that part of the train and some people do store their bikes there. Some of the rest obnoxiously store them in the door entrance areas on crush loaded peak time trains...

RealTrains07

Established Member
Has anyone noticed; New Toilets, Old London Midland stickers! Surprisingly they also advise you to use the handle to flush rather than a button!
Probably havent produced WMR specfic stickers for everything yet. I know some exist as per the refurbed 323 interior but some such as toilet information havent been made yet

RealTrains07

Established Member
I believe the Orange Hand Grips were actually owned by TfL so they would have been removed before the unit departed for Illford.
Just a shame they couldnt have used an orange colour instead of grey

plus why would tfl need them anywathey dont have any more bombardier trains now except the EMUs with the longitudinal seating

anamyd

On Moderation
Has anyone noticed; New Toilets, Old London Midland stickers! Surprisingly they also advise you to use the handle to flush rather than a button!
yes, I had noticed that. must be from a backstock of them

D.K.TAYLOR

Interesting they are saying that publically but a unit fault in the system...
It was given over the the information screens as a tree and the Solihull to Moor Street line was also disrupted due to a tree on the line and the 10-50 comes emptys from Tyseley

dooton

Not true. There is a 2 x 153 planned to work on the Snow Hill lines from May.

Can you elaborate on this? There are no 2 car diagrams during the week on the Snow Hill lines according to the published timetables. Or is it the weekend?

train_lover

Can you elaborate on this? There are no 2 car diagrams during the week on the Snow Hill lines according to the published timetables. Or is it the weekend?

I have a feeling it was coupled with a 170. I'll have to check the diagrams when I'm back in. The 1550 New Street to Hereford will also be 2 x 153

Sprinter107

The 2 X 153s on the Snow Hill lines will be coupled to a 170. They will work up from Worcester in the morning and then shuttle all day between Kidderminster, and alternatively Whitlocks End and Dorridge. The formation will then work through to Worcester in the evening.

Sprinter107

172005 worked down from Tyseley to Worcester via Stourbridge late last night as empty stock working, then worked from Worcester this morning before returning to Tyseley mid morning.

sufian123

Todays 1050 BNS to Hereford was covered by 170513. 172's didn't last long

Fridays 170 used to substitute a class 150. It’s still in old timetable. 172 only doing 150 Tuesday to Thursday with ocassion Monday and Friday like 150s did.
Todays 1050 BNS to Hereford was covered by 170513. 172's didn't last long

Seeing my notes 170 on a Friday is a norm. It used to happen when class 150s did the run. Happy to be corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.