• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 175 Liveries

Which livery looks better on the Class 175s?

• First North Western (As Delivered)

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Arriva Trains Wales

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The 158 Man

Hi all, :)

Just wondering what your thoughts are regarding the Class 175 liveries.

I certainly prefered the older First North Western version, but the new Arriva Trains Wales one is OK; but I'm not keen on all that white at the front. :sad8:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordy

Established Member
I prefer the FNW livery, but BEFORE FNW TOOK THEIR BRANDING OFF, it looks rubbish with big blue gaps everywhere!!

ATW is nice though...

Jordy

Coxster

Established Member
I prefer the FNW one. They might have looked alright in the Arriva livery everything else has got.

Guinness

Established Member
The 158 Man said:
Yeah definately looked better WITH the branding. :thumbrig:

Aye. :)

First North Western were actually one of the more decent First companies unlike Northern who have done the opposite to First policy and not brand anything.

Coxster

Established Member
Chaz said:
First North Western were actually one of the more decent First companies unlike Northern who have done the opposite to First policy and not brand anything.
They've got a couple of purple trains haven't they, and I remember seeing an old NWT star liveried unit with 'Northern' branding at Newcastle.

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Coxster said:
They've got a couple of purple trains haven't they, and I remember seeing an old NWT star liveried unit with 'Northern' branding at Newcastle.
AFAIK there are 3 units painted into 3 different 'Northern' liveries...they still havn't decided which one they prefer. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile I think they are slowly slapping 'Northern' and the logo onto the other stock (and I mean slowly).

Guinness

Established Member
Lewisham2221 said:
AFAIK there are 3 units painted into 3 different 'Northern' liveries...they still havn't decided which one they prefer. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile I think they are slowly slapping 'Northern' and the logo onto the other stock (and I mean slowly).

In a few units there are still "How to Contact First North Western" stickers inside.

I've seen Northern stickers on the side of the NWT Star Trains and seen a couple of Arriva Trains Northern Pacers in Manchester.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I think the vast majority of units (especially in the north east) now have the Northen logo on them. I believe Northern are going to start a proper re-painting programme some time this summer using the third livery (the one with blue).

The 158 Man

Lewisham2221 said:

Northern currently have six Class 156 units in their 'own' liveries.

- 156451 is painted in version 1.

- 156425, 156460 and 156464 all carry version 2.

- 156461 carries the final version.

- 156469 carries the same livery as 156461, but with pictures of Leeds and Sheffield on opposite sides.

Ben

Chaz said:
In a few units there are still "How to Contact First North Western" stickers inside.

I've seen Northern stickers on the side of the NWT Star Trains and seen a couple of Arriva Trains Northern Pacers in Manchester.
They are still using The FNW Branded Not to stop/Special Stop Notices. :)

Class_31

looks like I just tipped the balance!! FNW deffo for me, I can't stand the fade and colour change rubbish going on at the coach ends of the ATW ones. There's some right comedy names on them FNW ones too!! Rovers Return indeed!!

Class_31;)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Umm, I don't like particularly like either, but I'm going to have to be loyal to my own region and say ATW, if only for the fact when it first came out with brandings, it looked great! FNW livery on them still looks horrible and tacky.

Mind you, so do a lot of liveries...
[EDIT]
Ooh I've tied the vote! 15 each!

Status
Not open for further replies.