• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 180 Adelante on WCML

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooby

My eyes may have decieved me, but I'm fairly sure that I saw an Adelante Southbound through Oxenholme about 12.45 pm today. I imagine that the extra capacity would be very welcome somewhere along the journey.

It was in First Group livery and looked splendid with the Cumbrian Fells as a backdrop.

Or am I going Bertie Bassat and hallucinating in the sun.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Probably a unit on it's way to FGW (though I think they went via the ECML last time) so it will not have been in passenger service.

pemma

Veteran Member
FGW were sending them to be refurbished so did they go up to Scotland for that?

D1009

Established Member
My eyes may have decieved me, but I'm fairly sure that I saw an Adelante Southbound through Oxenholme about 12.45 pm today. I imagine that the extra capacity would be very welcome somewhere along the journey.

It was in First Group livery and looked splendid with the Cumbrian Fells as a backdrop.

Or am I going Bertie Bassat and hallucinating in the sun.

No, you weren't hallucinating. It was 5Z80 1015 Kilmarnock (Barclays) to Old Oak Common. Running via WCML (Northampton) to Willesden. Unit was 180106, latest report Norton Bridge at 15/00 60 early, so may be held waiting its booked path.

WCML

Went past this pulling out of Rugby going southbound at about 17:30, very strange.

Also saw a LM liveried 150 on the WCML this afternoon too. Can't remember exactly where it was, but it was at a station between Watford Junction and Rugby.

A 150 has been regularly running between Hereford and New Street, but didn't know one was operating on the WCML.

TomJ93

Bedford Bletchley unit swapping with another and heading to Tysley.

moggie

A 150 has been regularly running between Hereford and New Street, but didn't know one was operating on the WCML.

All we bl**dy well seem to get nowdays via Bromsgrove ever since the new 172's arrived - so much for improvements! Units 105 and 109 if I recall. Spent more times on 150's recently than in the last few years combined or so it feels - 'orrible things.

Status
Not open for further replies.