• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 195/331 nickame

Status
Not open for further replies.

leo knight

As there are nicknames for other rolling stock in the uk can anyone think of names that may stick with the new Northern civity units namely class 195/331.
I myself think they look like caterpillar's.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rebmcr

Established Member
We don't even have names for the long-established and numerous 455s. Not every design has to have a name.

Established Member
Rain in Spain falls mainly through the roof of the train.

El Splasho.

ed1971

I can't see either replacing Pacers. 150/155/156 will probably do that. Even that will be a big upgrade on Pacer routes.

I have noticed that several stations on the Atherton line are currently having their platforms lengthened. If 150s or 156s were directly replacing 142s here, I can't see why this would be necessary. Does anyone have more information?

NoMorePacers

Established Member
The Class 195 could well be known as the Fernando Alonso: has a lot of potential, is considered to be a very good train; but ends up at bad train operators, or the wrong ones, all of the time.

Western Lord

I suppose political correctness prevents the obvious plural of a four letter word beginning with D and ending with O!

Rail Blues

I suppose political correctness prevents the obvious plural of a four letter word beginning with D and ending with O!

Not 'political correctness' just not being an bigot and having a bit of common decency.

Anyway trying to foist or invent nicknames feeks a bit forced or nerdy especially when people insist on referring to them by obscure nicknames or trying to get ones they've invented themselves to catch on. What's wrong with civity or class 195/331? Hardly a mouthful is it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.