• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 196 at Crewe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainfan2019

The past few Friday afternoons I've kept seeing one of the new West Midlands Trains class 196s at Crewe. Are these here for driver training and will they actually be used on routes serving Crewe? Not keen at all on the exterior colours but looks nice inside.

20201127_144522.jpg20201030_144751_001.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

craigybagel

Established Member
The past few Friday afternoons I've kept seeing one of the new West Midlands Trains class 196s at Crewe. Are these here for driver training and will they actually be used on routes serving Crewe? Not keen at all on the exterior colours but looks nice inside.

View attachment 86447View attachment 86448
Just on test, no need for any diesel units on West Midlands services at Crewe. TFW however have a broadly similar fleet on order from CAF which will be a very common sight at Crewe in years to come.

newtownmgr

View attachment 86447View attachment 86448
Mileage accumulation runs. Driver training starts in the new year with Worcester being first followed by Shrewsbury & Wolverhampton later. Should start on the New St- Herefords by May (Worcester depot) & New St - Shrewsbury by December (Shrewsbury & Wolverhampton depots).

Scotrail84

Established Member
Just on test, no need for any diesel units on West Midlands services at Crewe. TFW however have a broadly similar fleet on order from CAF which will be a very common sight at Crewe in years to come.

Don't expect to see them in service on time, just look at the sleepers and TPE. Poorly constructed cheap rubbish riddled with major faults

Established Member
Don't expect to see them in service on time, just look at the sleepers and TPE. Poorly constructed cheap rubbish riddled with major faults
I had the delights of travelling on one of Northerns luxurious 195s last night, and enjoyed sitting at a 30% angle away from the window. Which dozy José at the CAF factory installed a massive radiator box under every single non-aisle seat? Are CAF designed for Pirate captains / one legged persons? Stupidity is astounding. Guess these will be the same.

Trainfan2019

Thanks for the informative replies everyone!

Good point raised about the livery being better than the allover white/off white/grey seen on other trains. Even I have to agree with that and at least it'll be easy to find your brightly coloured train in big crowded stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.