• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 28: Metro-Vick Type 2 Co-Bo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strathclyder

Established Member
Carlisle Citadel station, 1967 was my only sighting of a Co-Bo working a train. We'd been on a school spotting trip to Upperby and Kingmoor (we saw 40 Britannias in one day IIRC!) and were waiting for the train back to Preston (hauled by an EE Type 4) when a Co-Bo trundled through the station heading south with a mixed unfitted goods train. I remember the distinctive noise of the engine. Hopefully D5705 will be restored to working order work one day - in my lifetime hopefully!
As to the bolded part, same. It's a long, slow, but from what I can gather, very meticulous project (no surprise there, given D5705's one-off status). I too am eagerly looking forward to the day it runs under it's own power again; would expect it's first revenue-earning train to be packed to the rafters!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.