• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 31 at Arpley

Status
Not open for further replies.

callum112233

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet but there is a dark blue (I think) class 31 in Warrington yard. I first noticed it last Saturday. Don't know the number because it was too far away to see.

Anyone know why it's there?

Callum.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Boothby97

Established Member
As far as I am aware, BARS 31190 is on hire to DB Schenker for route learning and is outbased at Warrington Arpley but this carries BR two-tone green. But you said it is blue.
Hope this helps, Sam

callum112233

Was at warrington today and it is indeed 31190. It was at the near end of the yard today .
From a distance it did look dark blue-ish but it is green. Why use this loco for route learning?

Callum

Boothby97

Established Member
Was at warrington today and it is indeed 31190. It was at the near end of the yard today .
From a distance it did look dark blue-ish but it is green. Why use this loco for route learning?

Callum

Presumably because DBS don't have a spare locos to do the route learning so they hire the 31 from BARS at it dosen't have much else to do at the moment.
Thanks, Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.