• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 31 at Stockport this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greybeard33

Established Member
It ran light through the station on the Up Slow at about 10:45 in rather faded BR livery (I didn't note the number). Had probably come via the Guide Bridge branch. Anyone know where from/to?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Boothby97

Established Member
I believe this will be RVEL 31106 which is hired to Network Rail (only other mainline blue 31 is 31128 and thats on the NYMR)
Hope this helps, Sam

Greybeard33

Established Member
I believe this will be RVEL 31106 which is hired to Network Rail (only other mainline blue 31 is 31128 and thats on the NYMR)
Hope this helps, Sam
Thanks, but no - it was BR green, not blue, with the old lion logo. From pictures I've found I think it was 31190 (D5613) - I found a post that said this is the only one in traffic with this livery?

Phil6219

It runs weekdays from Peak Forest and is on route learning duties, it does indeed go via Guide Bridge. It runs twice per day, both in the AM.

Not got the timings to hand but I do have them somewhere, will post them.

Phil 8-)

Boothby97

Established Member
Oh, sorry. I read the BARS blog regulary and 31190 has been on crew runs out of peak forest. Forgot about that
Thanks, SAM

Greybeard33

Established Member
Phil and Sam, thanks both. It brought back memories of 31's on the Kings X suburban services before electrification, thundering up the hill to Finsbury Park ahead of a rake of old slam door non-corridor stock! :)

Phil6219

Your welcome mate,

If 31s are your thing then a railtour is headed from Stevenage up to Southport this Saturday (30th), it is apparently a pair of 31s at the helm though the details of which have now disappeared. It's "The Sandgrounder" run by UK Railtours and as of yet no further details as to what traction is involved.

Phil 8-)

Status
Not open for further replies.