• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 313

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1337

Am I the only person who likes these and will be very sad to see them go from the NLL/WLL/Watford DC next year or so? They are so cosy inside and inviting. Not a huge fan of the FCC 313s though, too many coupled together, it doesn't feel right.

:smile: :smile:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

will1337

But they have character! I'd take one over a boring 455, well they were exciting before the refurbs.

Gizmogle

Established Member
I think I'd honestly prefer a 455! At least they're bright, spacious and in better condition!

Established Member
"Heritage traction" now - why are all the travelcard people not bashing them as the oldest thing available?!!!! Not so sure about 'cosy and inviting' though :? Silverlink ones in particular seem to be in a right state, don't know if they've been sorted out by Big Ken recently.

Personally always rated them a bit as Bletchley machines - was well pleased to finally get one in off Leighton when I did. Rather have a lot of other stuff, no mistake, but at least they are BR and a bit old which is better than some post-privatisation junk.

will1337

but lacking those totally badass rubber door buttons they used to have and they make me feel sad and a bit paranoid when I get on one (455)

Whenever I get a travelcard I try to travel on a few 313s up to Willesden Junction

will1337

The 416s look nice, as did the 421s which I always wanted to ride. They went past my primary school but whenever I got a train it always managed to be a 455. May have to go to Lymington at one point.

33056 why do you compare a 313 to a fridge?

class 313

Established Member
*whistles*

Before anyone starts bashing about my name, I have explained it enough times.

I myself prefer the FCC 313s. High backed seats. Though I don't mind the lower seats found on the ex-Silverlink ones. Compared to a refurbished 455, I'd take the 313. Simply because the 455's hurt my back unless I lay on both the seats or put my feat up on the seats on front. I don't know why, but If I sit on them properly, my kidneys and my back have a dull ache afterwards. Its only that type of seat that causes it..

But of course, I'd rather a 319 any day... Unit wise.

I think I'd honestly prefer a 455! At least they're bright, spacious and in better condition!

That's because they have just been refurbished! I think you will find the refurbished lot were just as bad with the same seats.

will1337

Never found that but guess I haven't been on one when it's cold enough.
Are 508s virtually the same but with no pantograph?

Julian G

Established Member
313s are alright, i've been on them since 1999 and they have a purpose, to get me from A to B [with noise]

313s in AC mode, the buzzing is not loud enough

LOROL have done some minor improvements in the interior, they've painted the doors yellow, some new flooring(?) the seats are still treated in "Silverlink" style

everytime i go on a 313 [thats everyday] , its always warm
You should try one of Northampton's 350s in the Summer [freezing like hell]

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Dear oh dear...313 bashers, never thought I'd hear of that.

I'd rather a 455 to a 313, especially now they've been refurbished. Mind, I'd rather a 377 to a 455 too. And a 350 to a 377, a 321 to a 350...As you can guess, 313s are the bottom of the class for me when it comes to choosing traction within the zones of London.

*Goes off looking for discussions of more rateable traction*

Established Member
*whistles*

Simply because the 455's hurt my back unless I lay on both the seats or put my feat up on the seats on front. I don't know why, but If I sit on them properly, my kidneys and my back have a dull ache afterwards. Its only that type of seat that causes it..

Oh sure, I can see what you mean though. Before SWT Refurbed theres the seats were small jumpy ones, Now there high backed. Where your ass sits on the seat it goes backwards which means your squatting when you sit down... so its best to stand up if I were you.

332 > 444

These are garbage, the FCC ones are nice though with the seating. 455s are way better as they have 317 bodyshells, and more better with spaced out seating (SWT version)

I think they (313s, 455s) would look better with revised headlamps like the Merseyrail 508s or some of the 315s or the StanEx 317/7s

will1337

Dear oh dear...313 bashers, never thought I'd hear of that.

I'd rather a 455 to a 313, especially now they've been refurbished. Mind, I'd rather a 377 to a 455 too. And a 350 to a 377, a 321 to a 350...

Heh, I saw a man on one with a little notebook trying to get them all bashed.
I can't stand 455s, I think it's just because they bore me to tears having seen SO MANY OF THEM. Haven't been on a 350 but I'd consider a 377 or 321 far more comfortable than a 450. 313s are just in a class of awesomeness of their own though and certainly make a nicer noise than most of the new EMUs.

Established Member
Heh, I saw a man on one with a little notebook trying to get them all bashed.
I can't stand 455s, I think it's just because they bore me to tears having seen SO MANY OF THEM. Haven't been on a 350 but I'd consider a 377 or 321 far more comfortable than a 450. 313s are just in a class of awesomeness of their own though and certainly make a nicer noise than most of the new EMUs.

Pfft. Better than a bleeding 313, A 455 can go much faster and theres only 91 455s on SWT and about 40 on Southern <D <D <D <D.

ROFL! to the Bold writing!

RJ

Established Member
Am I the only person who likes these and will be very sad to see them go from the NLL/WLL/Watford DC next year or so?

Yep.

"Heritage traction" now - why are all the travelcard people not bashing them as the oldest thing available?!!!!

No thanks, they're rancid heaps!

*whistles*

Before anyone starts bashing about my name, I have explained it enough times.

I myself prefer the FCC 313s. High backed seats.

Nothing to do with the fact that the Silverlink ones served your local then?

Status
Not open for further replies.