• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 314 EMU to be set aside by Angel Trains for potential preservation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Why? A Class 313 is better as it demonstrates both AC and DC operation yes it’s 3 coaches vs 4 coaches

The 314s are three carriages as well. Out of all the PEPs, only the 315s have four carriages - although of course the 508s were originally four car.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

On Moderation
I think this is the problem. Plenty of people want someone else to preserve something for them.
+1

Plenty of people with bright ideas, but when it comes to supporting and doing they suddenly develop short arms that don’t reach their pockets and disappear.

Journeyman

Established Member
If only there was unlimited space available at Bo'ness. There isn't really enough room for what is already on site.

They're disposing of some vehicles because of a lack of space. There's already a 3-car EMU there in the form of the 303. Next up for inclusion in the museum is the Caledonian Sleeper Mark 3 and the wooden-bodied LNER sleeper, which will be great, but will take up around 130ft of space.

I think only one PEP unit needs saving, and the 313 would be better.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
They're disposing of some vehicles because of a lack of space. There's already a 3-car EMU there in the form of the 303. Next up for inclusion in the museum is the Caledonian Sleeper Mark 3 and the wooden-bodied LNER sleeper, which will be great, but will take up around 130ft of space.

I think only one PEP unit needs saving, and the 313 would be better.

As suggested a while a back a single driving car for the Riverside Museum might be the last hope for any 314 vehicles to be preserved

Status
Not open for further replies.