• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 315 Withdrawals

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuelmorris

Established Member
Yeah, unfortunately the services they were running probably won't help you much as even the units they're coupled to seems to change on an almost weekly basis.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bod

I haven't seen any updates for 813, 827, 828 and 845 on here but I gather they have been taken out of service as my last seven visits to the area have produced zero sightings in the past two months so if they did pop out it was always a day I wasn't around.

Wivenswold

Established Member
24 x TfL Rail 315s were supposed to be off lease on 19/09/18, 17 from LO on 31/12/18 and the remaining 20 TfL Rail units 14/12/20. I assume the leases were extended by the lack of a huge news story about it.

I wonder which taxpayers' pot the additional lease charges are coming out of.

Bod

My understanding is that 827, 828 and 845 have not worked since 18 September which suggests they have come off lease for the 19 September date. I have no idea where 813 is as it is the only LO unit I have not seen in two months but I was not aware any of that batch had been withdrawn.

Bod

I see.

So a class 315 is withdrawn but not reported in this class 315 withdrawal thread as it got mentioned elsewhere. I didn't anticipate there is another 315 thread. Had I known I could have saved time and money looking for 813 in August and September. Oh well I now know not to bother looking again...

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Yes that was a 315 going to Booths

samuelmorris

Established Member
It begins...

As much as I dislike the stigma attached to being a rail enthusiast I do find myself a little amused by those who have some sort of attachment to an individual unit of a class. That's not exactly true here but it is a rather strange feeling to see a unit I've spent a lot of time on (by pure coincidence, mind) being sent for scrap. There isn't really anything else that's yet been withdrawn that I've really spent a huge amount of time on as I only started commuting by rail regularly after all the old Mk1 stock was scrapped. It was a little strange to see the C & D stock going but I didn't travel on them often enough to knowingly go on every unit and certainly not for any appreciable distance. 315s I've spent days' worth of my life on, which is a rather sobering thought!

Established Member
I do get where you’re coming from, although I wouldn’t know one number from another. A former Fleet colleague said that you know it is time to retire when a fleet you helped introduce is being withdrawn. Having spent a lot of time around 315s (and 306s before) perhaps I need to take his advice.

DanNCL

Established Member
Some photos from Twitter showing 315850's move to CF Booth's, hauled by 37800. Not my photos
Dp9FNidWsAAwnAC

Dp9FPW9WwAA4Qn-

djpontrack

I only had 850 once, for a grand total of 4 miles and 58 chains from Chadwell Heath to Forest Gate back in Oct 2013. I stayed in Ilford a couple of times and quite liked getting the 315s so it's sad to see them go now, the 345s don't have the same atmosphere or character but hopefully they will prove to be reliable units for the local commuters.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Tired though they are (and not exactly the height of luxury) it's a shame nobody seems to be trying to strap a Transit engine underneath them... they'd be a vast improvement on a Merseytravel 142!

gc1982

Has 315850 gone to train heaven yet? ;) Any other moves to Booth's planned in the coming weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.