• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 315 Withdrawals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Only if the are 315s available with enough miles available before their next major exam. The existing 315s have done more miles than anticipated due to the 345s being later than planned. The 315s being withdrawn now are right up against that mileage threshold.

If available they would do a job. Traction refreshers for llford and Southend drivers would be needed though.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

samuelmorris

Established Member
That's as fast as the 315s ever went apart from the odd occasion on that aforementioned service from Southend where drivers occasionally broke that limit. As it stands at the moment they'd be a real hindrance at 75 during peak hours, which is presumably when they'd be needed, in the way of stock that would normally do 90.

Wivenswold

Established Member
If GA were going to the expense of introducing temporary stock, it's more likely to be spare 319s as they are similar to 321s. It's not going to happen though.

Established Member
I could but probably on the branch lines - so limit their usage to the Southminster, Walton and Harwich branches freeing up a few 321s or 360s.

The Walton and Harwich branches are worked by crews that wouldn’t know what a 315 was. Plus the unit diagrams on these branches are not self contained but are interworked with main line trains. Pure fantasy I’m afraid.

Southern Dvr

One observation from 5Q66 on Monday was that the 2 units both had their EBS & AWS flags in the cab raised. EBS is obvious but why the AWS flag was up is more curious. Also of note was a notice in the windscreen that I can only presume was an instruction not to put them into passenger service?

Are the remaining 315s now peak hours only on the Shenfield lines?

Established Member
One observation from 5Q66 on Monday was that the 2 units both had their EBS & AWS flags in the cab raised. EBS is obvious but why the AWS flag was up is more curious. Also of note was a notice in the windscreen that I can only presume was an instruction not to put them into passenger service?

Are the remaining 315s now peak hours only on the Shenfield lines?
No, still a healthy mixture of 315s and 345s any time of day, any day of the week.

Antman

Established Member
Seen a tfl rail class 315 being towed by a 37 to Newport Docks at Patchway.
It was on time at Reading (or was that on Monday?). Quite a surprise to hear it almost silent as it trundled through, almost caught me out as I nearly didn't look up quick enough - usually the ROG 37s are being given their head well before the station....

ATW158Xpress

It was on time at Reading (or was that on Monday?). Quite a surprise to hear it almost silent as it trundled through, almost caught me out as I nearly didn't look up quick enough - usually the ROG 37s are being given their head well before the station....
This was yesterday about 1:25pm by Patchway Tunnels

Southern Dvr

Yesterday's move had originally been scheduled to leave Ilford around 0530 but that move was cancelled and another (which you saw) left Ilford around 0930. So it kinda was kinda late and kinda on-time!

Bikeman78

Established Member
No, still a healthy mixture of 315s and 345s any time of day, any day of the week.
The 315s still run more than 50% of the off the peak service, typically six or seven of the 11 diagrams. Surely all the drivers sign 345s by now?

Class 317722

What’s happening with 315813 then? If it will never see passenger service again maybe that will be scrapped soon?

Spirit555

315840 & 855 should have completed their move to Booths today from Barrow Hill

Mark

Yep. It is planned that 315858 is being returned to service in the very near future as a replacement for 813.

Class319&373

Is this the first London Overground 315 to go off-lease? I was surprised to see the pantograph missing as it passed through Stratford with 37884.

Status
Not open for further replies.