• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 317/7 Ilford Depot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Whilst on a 315 passing Ilford Depot on Saturday night, I notice that in the workshops there was a Class 317/7 driving car sitting on its own. There didn't seem to be any other 317/7 cars there either. I know that until recently there was a whole 317/7 unit in there, but now there just seems to be the one driving car. Does anyone know why the unit was in the depot, not with its sisters in the sidings under the flyover, and now why it's been split up?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

O L Leigh

Established Member
I was down a Ilford last week and there was a live 8 car set of Cl317/7s with pans up in Ley Street Sidings at the London end of the depot. The one that I could see was 714 but there was no way of identifying it's partner. The units in Aldersbrook CS (by the flyover) are all gone now.

Are you certain it was a Cl317/7 in the shops? There are Cl317/6s currently undergoing repaint and at least one was inside receiving attention. Obviously the cars are uncoupled to permit the work.

O L Leigh

Established Member
I did see some /6 cars split up as well, in the process of being repainted. I'm pretty sure it was a /7 driving car I saw though, as it was in NXEA silver livery which none of the /6s are in, but didn't have the big air horns that the /5s and /8s have, it had the /7 front end arrangement I'm sure.

SprinterMan

Established Member
Have not all 317/7s gone to Eastleigh yet? I would have thought if they were at Ilford they would be being prepped for a move to Eastleigh. As far as I know Aldersbrook CS are empty now anyways.

Adam :D

Established Member
Have not all 317/7s gone to Eastleigh yet? I would have thought if they were at Ilford they would be being prepped for a move to Eastleigh. As far as I know Aldersbrook CS are empty now anyways.

Adam :D

Yes, Aldersbrook CS are empty. Apart from aforementioned 317719 the rest have gone to Eastleigh I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.