• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 317 Progress Report with Sound Clip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Railnetwork

Hi Guys,

Well it's nearly that time to release a little something called a Class 317! This production is being brought to you by Zane Saxton (me) and Mark Milmine. After working my butt off till 6am this morning this is what we come up with so far.

http://www.railnetwork.chicsystems.com/samples/317_alpha2_sample.zip

Its still in alpha stages, but its sounding good already, just please ignore the click sounds as that is Goldwave recording my problems on my sound card hehe.

Enjoy, and please post your comments so that we can addmend anything you suggest or come up with...

Kind Regards,

Zane Saxton & Mark Milmine.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TomBoyRacer

impressive. i admit to never having ridden on a 317 but shouldn't there be a traction motor sound? i've heard them from the outside.

class 313

Established Member
oooooo Very nice mate!

If that MML route comes out maybe this could be used on that!? (speaking of that... is the route still going?)

Turbostar

impressive. i admit to never having ridden on a 317 but shouldn't there be a traction motor sound? i've heard them from the outside.

The driving cars - DTSO - on 317's, as with most emu's, is unpowered, so you wouldn't hear much, if at all, any sounds coming from the motor car - MSO - that would be the next car behind, or behind that, depending what end you were driving from.

Mart

O L Leigh

Established Member
Zane,

So far so good. The traction motor sound is about as loud as you would expect under some circumstances, although you normally don't hear anything over the draughts in the cab.

I believe that Cl317's were always used as DOO, which means that you don't get two on the buzzer for the "right away" (these units have bells in any case). There's also a very synthetic sound that I can't identify which I'm assuming is the brake release, that doesn't sound quite right.

Incidentally, I sent you a PM about the project months ago but you never replied. I'm going to send you another one.

one TN

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Sounds good. Other than the bell/buzzer issue, one other error is the AWS. If it's a 317/1, it definitly should use the same sounds as the HST (bell and tone), rarther than the later style bing and tone. I can't say for certain about the 317/2 (or 7s as they later became), but I think they are the same. The bell does add to the character, and makes them feel a little less plastic.
So as not to go off topic, I'll start a new thread regarding the St Pancras to Bedford route.

Railnetwork

UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE!!

www.bveinscotland.chicsystems.com/317_alpha_v4_sample.mp3

The 317 has came a long way since the last post. It now has some more new sounds, the most realistic preformance yet thanks to a driver friend!

New *FULL STEREO* sounds are as follows:

Door opn/cls
Compressor
Air Release
Suspention
Handle sounds (will have full stereo effect, brake notch hear from left ear...etc)
motor0 (thanks to Tom Loader)
Special Enivroment Sound

Edited sounds since last post:

Loop (made quieter)
Horn (made less hissy)

Sounds to come:

All new run sounds
all new motor sounds (maybe)
AWS Bell/Horn
And some other little bits

Would like to thank Mark Milmine for his help and guidance as a partner in crime!

And a BIG thanks to that special person, the driver for his technical information!

And anyone else involved.

Still not finished, hope to get it much better too, please comment - all comments help to give me motivation.

Plus I've been at work all day then Im doing this 317 All night afterwards I need some sort of apprechation!!

Kind Regards,

Zane Saxton (excuse my bad english)

Oh my. Don't I see enough of them 317s at Tottenham Hale. I'm always dispatching them lol

the link doesnt work.

delticmatt

pedned

if it doesnt work, try opening windows media player,
then click file, then open URL, then copy and paste the address into the box
plays fine that way for me

Coxster

Established Member
It is sounding abosultely fantastic (and close to release!) if the info on the WIP page is anything to go by. Can't wait for this one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.