• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 31's in North Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crimson_Quiff

Although a thread to plug the Class 31 gallerys, I must say I was strapped into the Class 37 gallery just now! Some excellent shots there and brought back happy memories from one's childhood!

Top notch.

Penmorfa

Some great pics there, only just touched the surface of your site as well :) without wishing to alter the course of this thread the DMU pics are superb! I was a regular visitor to Rhyl/Llandudno in my teens & thankfully my parents took me by train.

Back then Rhyl had its island platform before the supermarket ate away the land!? Seem to remember 2 further bay platforms at the Western end of the station but the track had been lifted :(

Great memories anyway, cheers :)

Crimson_Quiff

Some great pics there, only just touched the surface of your site as well :) without wishing to alter the course of this thread the DMU pics are superb! I was a regular visitor to Rhyl/Llandudno in my teens & thankfully my parents took me by train.

Back then Rhyl had its island platform before the supermarket ate away the land!? Seem to remember 2 further bay platforms at the Western end of the station but the track had been lifted :(

101685 on the Bleanau's, 'nuff said! <D

Penmorfa

Thanks, the two bays were for the Vale of Clwyd line to Corwen. If you look at the view of 47122 on this page:

http://www.penmorfa.com/Archive/twentythree.html

you can see the diamond crossing which was part of Foryd Junction where the line to Corwen diverged. It was taken away in about 1990, over 20 years after the line to Denbigh was lifted.

Ahhh yes, vague (at best) memories of that junction are just about there from my memory of leaning out of the window en route to Abergele! Your picture of 47470 leaving Rhyl with 'Dick the Lamps' highlights how big this station was! Thanks again Dave, superb pictures :)

Status
Not open for further replies.