• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 31's to Cardiff & London meet pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Interesting photos. As for the London meet, you should have taken some photos at Oakleigh Park - I got this accepted on Railpictures.net (they rejected 5 others I sent though!)

We had fantastic lighting conditions that day but unfortunately we wasted the time travelling between Oakleigh Park and Harrow, in the hour we spent doing that the sun had got too low :(

Dennis

Established Member
I did get a couple of shots of units in exactly that same pose but with a bit of motion blur. I had a really bad day with the camera on that meet - not increasing the ISO setting when shooting moving trains and accidentally taking a load of pics at very low resolution. Sure we all have days like those.

Agree with the comment about fantastic lighting conditions that day, they really were good. At Harrow after you left, the setting sun was casting a lovely warm glow on things.

Still, lets hope I'm awake next Saturday and that the sun is shining.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The worst I had was forgetting to bring my camera on the recent West Yorkshire trip :oops: As luck would have it we saw a 66 at Knottingley, a 60 binliner at Wakefield, and 66s at Church Fenton, etc etc. and we were not at those places for very long as it was more of a line bashing trip.

I won't be doing that again!

Status
Not open for further replies.