• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 325 'ELECTRIC UNIT' West Highland Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dai.

Established Member
Brilliant spotting!

I have yet to see one of these locos.

;[

Are they DMU?

mumrar

Established Member
They're dual voltage EMUs.

I'm surprised they've been cleared for the WHL, what's the reason for them going up it?

Very good catch though.

I'm going out on a limb to guess it's something to do with moving post that way by rail. I bet the gradients on the roads that way don't do the fuel bills for trucks any favours. Good luck to GBRf with this if it's possibly a contract they get, now all we need is a loco failure and a nearby Class 37 the rescue!

Thanks for all the nice responses, this was a one off, it was for driver training probably for a bit of weight behind the loco for braking etc.....

ta anyways ;)

scottm

I'm going out on a limb to guess it's something to do with moving post that way by rail. I bet the gradients on the roads that way don't do the fuel bills for trucks any favours. Good luck to GBRf with this if it's possibly a contract they get, now all we need is a loco failure and a nearby Class 37 the rescue!

well actually... :lol: they were just used to add weight to a route familiarisation run for GBRf before taking over the Fort William Alcan run from DB Schenker.

EltonRoad

This working seems to have attracted a lot of interest - really like the photos - thanks for posting them.

MCR247

Established Member
I thought the 325s had a networker cab with everything elese being similar to a 319

Status
Not open for further replies.