• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 325 Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

E_Reeves

Established Member
Hi all,

Just seen a trio of class 325s and although I've noticed it before, I was just wondering what the blue lights on the sides meant? They look like door interlock lights but they're on when the train is moving. Any ideas?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Geeves

Established Member
Its to denote that the roller shutter doors are not locked. Not sure why they would be unlocked when in motion but hey ho! I guess if the shutter does open its only your electric bill that is going bye bye.

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Not sure why they would be unlocked when in motion but hey ho! I guess if the shutter does open its only your electric bill that is going bye bye

I must admit every time I see a 325 it almost always has a combination of lights both on and off on the sides of the carriages, it seems to be a regular occurrence, however it seems unreasonable they would just leave the side doors unlocked, strange!

Fincra5

Established Member
Its to denote that the roller shutter doors are not locked. Not sure why they would be unlocked when in motion but hey ho! I guess if the shutter does open its only your electric bill that is going bye bye.

Every once in a while this comes up. I swear someone said the blue lights were due to movement of cages within the coach.

signallerscot

It indicates the motion detector has been triggered inside that coach (almost always due to the motion of the train moving the cages inside), nothing to do with the state of the doors. Signallers are instructed to ignore them.

LowLevel

Established Member
This comes up at least once a year :)

Presumably the lights are intended to warn the Royal Mail staff to be somewhat careful opening up as things may not be where they expect.

driver9000

Established Member
It indicates the motion detector has been triggered inside that coach (almost always due to the motion of the train moving the cages inside), nothing to do with the state of the doors. Signallers are instructed to ignore them.

They were specifically mentioned in the rule book too instructing everyone to ignore them.

Status
Not open for further replies.