• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 345 progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nippy

The latest date I've seen for first ECTS testing on the Heathrow Branch is overnight 24th November, with the unit being delivered to Maidenhead Monday 20th November.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

leomartin125

It was delivered into the OOC Crossrail depot yesterday. There are others to be delivered between now and Christmas
I went passed OOC twice today and I saw both DRS 57's but no sign of the 345... is it inside the OOC Crossrail depot shed now?

leomartin125

The latest date I've seen for first ECTS testing on the Heathrow Branch is overnight 24th November, with the unit being delivered to Maidenhead Monday 20th November.
Thanks so much Nippy. Of course I'm away all day despite waiting for this thing since October.

Far north 37

Established Member
I went passed OOC twice today and I saw both DRS 57's but no sign of the 345... is it inside the OOC Crossrail depot shed now?
the crossrail depot at old oak is so far away from the mainline its kind of hard to see whats really going on in there

macaronlover

315s substituting on 2W52 tonight...
Any news on the PIS update?
Seems that they have 'peak' and 'off peak' modes. The former excludes 'Exit for...' information whereas the latter includes it. Also noticed on an external display that information changed as the train arrived the station - from 'Shenfield [next line] via Stratford' to 'Shenfield [next line] Next stop Maryland' (inattentively without the semicolon)

Kite159

Veteran Member
Seems that they have 'peak' and 'off peak' modes. The former excludes 'Exit for...' information whereas the latter includes it. Also noticed on an external display that information changed as the train arrived the station - from 'Shenfield [next line] via Stratford' to 'Shenfield [next line] Next stop Maryland' (inattentively without the semicolon)

Makes sense, similar to the "Tourist" mode on the 1973 stock.

wipers

I did the Crossrail depot tour over the OOC Open Day and thought that the first Class 345's don't arrive there for a while yet. There was still a huge amount of work required. I thought that all the units were down at Ilford.

Sue Bertram

I hope it's OK to post here and ask you guys for some help?

I have a train obsessed 4 year old who keeps refusing to go to nursery because he must travel on the Crossrail train. .. (We just went to Disney which was entirely eclipsed by the RER train for him!)

I'm very happy to have a trip to Shenfield and back but can't work out when we should go to Liverpool Street to catch one. I have read back through this thread a little, but don't have the expertise to work out if that information is already here. I'm thinking about Saturday.

Thank you so much for any advice you can offer me.

gwr4090

The latest issue of Railway Herald on Wed 08-Nov has a list on page 11 of the 345s and their current locations, but it seems to differ from info in this thread. It shows 345001-020 as currently 7 car units, and 345021 onwards as the full 9 car. 345005-012 are shown in traffic. 345001-002, 013, 017-020 are shown at Old Dalby, 345014-015 are at Crewe awaiting commissioning believed to be due to lack of space at Old Dalby. 345020 is shown at Old Dalby on test not at Crewe ?

class387

Established Member
I hope it's OK to post here and ask you guys for some help?

I have a train obsessed 4 year old who keeps refusing to go to nursery because he must travel on the Crossrail train. .. (We just went to Disney which was entirely eclipsed by the RER train for him!)

I'm very happy to have a trip to Shenfield and back but can't work out when we should go to Liverpool Street to catch one. I have read back through this thread a little, but don't have the expertise to work out if that information is already here. I'm thinking about Saturday.

Thank you so much for any advice you can offer me.
There have been Saturday runs in the past, but there will not be for the remainder of 2017 due to engineering work closing off part of the line.

JW16

The 18:07 departure from Liverpool St (a class 345) apparently broke down between Seven Kings and Goodmayes today and had to shunted into the platform by a 315. They seem to be breaking down all too often.

iphone76

The 18:07 departure from Liverpool St (a class 345) apparently broke down between Seven Kings and Goodmayes today and had to shunted into the platform by a 315. They seem to be breaking down all too often.

It did indeed break down today and was there for about an hour and a half. Another 345 was brought out of Ilford yard to assist, but they got it into Goodmayes under its own power - I'm not sure if they jump started it using the other 345 unit as I only saw it crawling into Goodmayes with the other 345 still closer to Seven Kings.

I'm not sure if any more are currently being accepted into service due to these reoccurring faults. They are definitely having a PPM impact which since May 2015 had been pretty decent. This hasn't gone unnoticed.

I did see there was talk of them working a few diagrams on Saturdays and Sundays, however, I don't think that will be this weekend as there are no cover 345 drivers rostered. These are used to work the parts of a diagram the booked driver cannot work as they haven't been trained on the new units. I'll let you know when/if they are booked to work on a weekend.

Unclepete

Hi all,
I'm not sure what the current status is on 345's deliveries, so could someone in the know give a summary of the current state of play please?

thanks,

Sue Bertram

Thanks both. That gives me a bit of a dilemma!

Perhaps I'll see if I can persuade him to wait until a weekday...

iphone76

Thanks both. That gives me a bit of a dilemma!

Perhaps I'll see if I can persuade him to wait until a weekday...

Scrap what I said. Two are actually running today as I passed them on the fast train to London.

I bekieve they would be working the 12.44 and 12.54 Shenfield to Liverpool street services at least. (They were in service on the way to Shenfield.)

F Great Eastern

Established Member
Was on one of these today for the first time, Have to say that the acceleration of these really is phenomenal and blew me away, couldn't quite believe how fast they got up to a high speed from a standing start.

Don't like the style of the units inside, too much grey and dull colours and the seat colours are horrible and the vertical seating is really bad, but at least the normal seating is better than the class 700 with more space and not such stupid DFT led design choices which really stop the 700 from reaching it's potential.

Hard to call which I prefer between a 700 and a 345, I think the general Desiro City product is nicer, and both the 700 and the 707s have a far better interior colour scheme than the 345s, however the interior of the 700s whilst not as bad as some people say, really was a poor choice by the DFT and the standard seating is certainly better on the 345.

leomartin125

May not be related but it appears there is a movement in Realtimetrains for a delivery (operated by Freightliner) of a unit (hopefully a 345) from Old Dalby to Reading Traincare Depot tomorrow, which is why I'm cautious as I was under the impression there were to be based at Maidenhead Carriage Sidings for testing rather than Reading. Could be a 387/1, but I didn't think any were in Old Dalby. It's certainly not an S Stock!

RTT Link:
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/R03087/2017/11/13/advanced

Can anyone confirm it's a 345?

dp21

I know it's not much use but my immediate suspicion would be that it's a 387; surely if a 345 was being delivered to the West they'd just take it straight up to the Crossrail depot at OOC?

Trailfinder

Perhaps they want to test it on the series 1 OHL between Reading and Didcot before they do anything else. Once completed it can operate under its own power and then go to Maidenhead or OOC.

Class315

37601 & 608 hauling 345015 running as 6X77 approximately 67L being routed into Wembley Yard at 15:15, where I presume it will stay until post evening peak.

leomartin125

And the 7X movement to Reading was... as I thought... GWR Class 387156. No chance of it being a Crossrail 345 as it was operated by Freightliner who don't have any contracts with TfL.

Two 345 deliveries today, one from Crewe C.S. to Ilford E.M.U.D. with 345014 in tow, the other from Old Dalby to Wembley Euro Freight Ops Centre with 345002 in tow.

I'm presuming 002 will operate this tonight, with one or both of the ROG loco's arriving from Ilford to take it there (though it suggests it's under it's own power... surely not?): http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/R10460/2017/11/13/advanced

Status
Not open for further replies.