• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 350’s at Bromsgrove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owencr905

I’ve seen a few pictures of class 350’s (London midland days) at Bromsgrove station but I can’t find any info on what service it would have been doing. I always thought the Cross City was ran only by the 323’s and nothing else electric really travelled that line. Does anyone have an insight? Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tbtc

Veteran Member
I’ve never seen anything other than a 323 on cross city services, but I’m not a regular visitor to the area

My understanding is that the platforms are set up to accept doubled up 323s (2x3x23m = 138m) but could only accept a single 350 (4x20m = 80m) as a double 350 (2x4x20m = 160m) is too long

A 323 offers more flexibility to cope with quieter/busier services (running as 3x23m = 69m if needed) whilst a single 350 is “neither nowt nor summat” (as they say around here)

Or, another way of looking at it is “a 323 is 3 23 metre carriages” - you can’t forget how many carriages long it is or how long each carriage is, since that’s its TOPS classification (sadly I can’t think of any other trains with such an appropriate number!)

fgwrich

Established Member
I think the photos you’ve seen will have been during the London Midland / LNWR crossover, when the 350s were dragged to Long Marston for their corrosion repairs and repaints. Otherwise, I can’t think of any other time a 350 has operated down to Bromsgrove at all.

Owencr905

I think the photos you’ve seen will have been during the London Midland / LNWR crossover, when the 350s were dragged to Long Marston for their corrosion repairs and repaints. Otherwise, I can’t think of any other time a 350 has operated down to Bromsgrove at all.
Ah ok that makes sense. Thanks

Would only have been on test. Never worked booked services as far as I’m aware.
That’s what I was thinking, thanks

I’ve never seen anything other than a 323 on cross city services, but I’m not a regular visitor to the area

My understanding is that the platforms are set up to accept doubled up 323s (2x3x23m = 138m) but could only accept a single 350 (4x20m = 80m) as a double 350 (2x4x20m = 160m) is too long

A 323 offers more flexibility to cope with quieter/busier services (running as 3x23m = 69m if needed) whilst a single 350 is “neither nowt nor summat” (as they say around here)

Or, another way of looking at it is “a 323 is 3 23 metre carriages” - you can’t forget how many carriages long it is or how long each carriage is, since that’s its TOPS classification (sadly I can’t think of any other trains with such an appropriate number!)
That’s something else I was thinking as well, I don’t think there are even 4 car stop markers on the stations.

On Moderation
Class 320 is 3 x 20m vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.