• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CLass 350/0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roylang

I was wondering if somebody could help clear up the situation with regards to Class 350/0 350001. This was a Siemens desiro that was built and I saw (may even have some photos somewhere) at Northam depot at one point. I have heard that it was rebuilt as one of the new Class 360/2 Heathrow Connect units.

Can anybody confirm that this is true and, if possible, tell me which of the 360/2 it became. Also, were any other members built 350/0.

Thanks,

Roy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class377/5

Established Member
According to Platform 5 EMU 2012 book the "4 car class 350 test bed units were rebuilt" but it only gives you their current number. My guess is 360201 was built as 350001.

Crossforth

Established Member
I think actually, from other forums that Peter is correct but I have no solid proof. Does anyone have any pictures?

Roylang

I think actually, from other forums that Peter is correct but I have no solid proof. Does anyone have any pictures?

I have got lost now. They (well at least 1) were built as 350/0 and then became 360/2. By my thinking that makes Class 377/5 right in my book.

Thanks for the info anyhow.

Roy

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
No Crossforth, I got it wrong - I read the numbers in the other post the wrong way round.

350 001 became 360 201.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Oh OK, I was told that 001 became 204, 002 -> 203, 003 -> 202 and 004 -> 201 but evidently they were wrong

Cool pics as well :)

Oh heck... I've never heard that before; I was only going by what was said earlier in the thread!

Is it too much to hope that someone on here knows someone at the Siemens HQ who could check the paperwork?

Roylang

That is what I thought weird but as I said, I have no solid evidence that this is true.

I also once heard that it was not a straight-forward matter and hence my original post. I have never seen any evidence to confirm anything so, were we to get a difinitive answer, nothing would suprise me.

I guess an enquiry to Siemens would not yield a response, but I may give it a go. Nothing ventured and they say (whoever they are).

As said, I am sure I have some pictures of the 350001 at Northam which I will try to find and upoad at the weekend.

Thanks again,

Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.