• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 350 desiros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordy

Established Member
Hi

Does anyone have any info on the routes the 350s will run etc, I am planning my WCML visit for the summer (6 weeks off) and was wondering where the best place to see these would be.

I had crewe in mind, will they pass through there?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Thanks

Jordy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Looks like Northampton-Birmingham to start with, but by Summer they may well reach Crewe.

Julian G

Established Member
maybe London-Birmingham as well :)
there was one 350 at Wembley Intl. Yard
alongside a Fertis Class 56
yclbvq.jpg

Met Driver

Established Member
Haven't you seen that before?

It's 1288gaje's unique streamlining effect. It looks especially good on the 313s ;)

Julian G

Established Member
go on a Electrostar between Harrow & Wealdstone to Kenny O and you will see that it's has to break heavily (and make a scary whining noise :cry: )

jonb

Established Member
350's will be a good bet at Rugby as well, however I have been told that due to problems at Queens Park with Platform clearences the 350's are not yet cleared between Watford and Euston.

Nick

Well yet another problem with so called "newer, better trains" It's ironic there marketiting them as "Needed desperatley to improve trains on xxxxx route" when there just surplus Desiros from SWT. If SWT wouldn't of over ordered would NR of invested in the said routes with 'improvements'?

I'd think not. Ah the joys of the heavy subsidised south of current railways. So subsidised there paying for trains as far north as Liverpool ;)

jonb

Established Member
Not my greatest shot but Here is 350110 taking a Northampton service past Willesden

Status
Not open for further replies.