• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 357s by the coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
I have uploaded my first pics of some Class 357s (11 pics in total). I've not been to a c2c served station since I have had a camera to hand. Check them out at http://www.picture-rail.co.uk/gallery/357/index.htm - all comments welcome.

I have also uploaded one picture of a Southend Pier train - http://www.picture-rail.co.uk/gallery/lightrail/SouthendPierRailway.htm The pier has nothing except a closed snack bar and a lifeboat centre on it since the fire last October which flattened a pub, the old station and other buildings. The location of these buildings is now just a load of poles sticking out from the water. The trains terminate at a new temporary halt.

Here is one of the lesser quality images showing the coastline at Chalkwell. Thanks to Jon Bradley, via text message, for helping Dad & I find this location:

357226.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dennis

Established Member
After the meet last Saturday (must add write-up to story forum), which was my first visit to the area, I couldn't help but think a return trip for wandering and photting was required, being surprised by how pleasant the area is. Shame about the boring (but competant) units which form the majority of trains. Just imagine a C2C class 87 hauled summer diagram...well perhaps not.

Ascot

Established Member
Could do a round trip, 'one' to Victoria, do the pier then a C2C from Central back home. Ooo i can stop in Wickford :toothy7:

Status
Not open for further replies.