• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 365 Diagrams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The 23rd, 24th and 25th are all 700 workings, no 365s from pbo.
Monday 26th seems to be normal expected working (8 car 365 and 8 car 387)

Though the carriage working notice for the weekend is only a draft at the moment. Final version is out on Wednesday/Thursday
Nothing operating south of St Neots this weekend anyway due to engineering works.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LA50041

Established Member
Nothing operating south of St Neots this weekend anyway due to engineering works.

workings for the last 2 weekends of the May Timetable

Saturdays 24 April/1 May
0811 PBO-KGX then ECS to HE
0910 PBO-KGX then ECS to HE

Sundays 25 April/2 May
ECS from HE then 1655 KGX-PBO
ECS from HE then 1855 KGX-PBO

Nothing planned to be out on Monday 3rd May

All expected to be withdrawn at the timetable change

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
workings for the last 2 weekends of the May Timetable

Saturdays 24 April/1 May

Sundays 25 April/2 May

All expected to be withdrawn at the timetable change
But are you getting 24/25 April from stale info, because Kings Cross is completely shut this weekend?

LA50041

Established Member
But are you getting 24/25 April from stale info, because Kings Cross is completely shut this weekend?
No just got my weeks muddled, I'll double check and update

The Original post had incorrect dates - clearly living in the past.
Correct dates for railway weeks 5 @ 6 below

Saturdays 1 May/ 8 May

Sundays 2 May/ 9 May

D365

Veteran Member
The 23rd, 24th and 25th are all 700 workings, no 365s from pbo.
Monday 26th seems to be normal expected working (8 car 365 and 8 car 387)

Though the carriage working notice for the weekend is only a draft at the moment. Final version is out on Wednesday/Thursday
That's disappointing, but not surprising. Tomorrow is the first (and so far only) chance that I have had to be in Peterborough since October.

Trains66779

Good Evening,
Could anybody please tell me what workings class 365s will be doing on Tuesday 27th April please?
Thankyou.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
If it goes to form:

06:37 Peterborough to Kings Cross
18:12 Kings Cross to Peterborough

bramling

Veteran Member
If it goes to form:

06:37 Peterborough to Kings Cross
18:12 Kings Cross to Peterborough

I treated myself to a run back on 1P52 this evening. It’s normally too early for me, but I managed to with some trouble plan my day around it. In fact I wrongly had it in my head that the 365s were 1P50 - so I was miffed when 2x387 turned up, but I quickly realised my error and waited the extra half hour.

The 365s did Stevenage in a few seconds over 20 minutes. The KX improvements don’t really seem to have had that much effect on the overall run time. Tonight’s run wasn’t quite sparkling, as 100mph wasn’t achieved until Greenwood, whereas normally 2x average 365s will do it by New Barnet at the latest, and a good pair will do it by Oakleigh Park - though a lot depends on how the driver handles the Wood Green neutral section. It may have been the case that tonight’s driver was simply aiming a bit under, as after Potters Bar tunnels when the gradient changes to downhill there still wasn’t too much above 97 mph. There were certainly a small handful of enthusiasts, good to see a plain-vanilla commuter train getting some attention, even if they’re one of the best brands of vanilla. Plenty of windows open too!

As has been common since 2018 both units were smartly turned out, the only exception being some condensation in some of the opening window panes, which seems to have become an issue only since Covid, perhaps as a result of the units spending more time sitting around.

All in all an excellent ambience, no way are these units ready to be retired. They’re perfect for what they’ve been doing on GN, and I remain strongly of the opinion that this decision is a mistake, essentially GTR trying to score creep points with the DFT.

Last edited:

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I travelled on 1P52 twice this week. Enthusiasts have been out travelling for the last couple of weeks and I suspect their numbers will increase. There were 12 passengers in the front car on Wednesday.

On Tuesday the train left platform 6 at Kings Cross bank on time and arrived Stevenage 18:32:30. Considering it's pathed on the slow line from Woolmer Green I thought this was pretty good as the timetabled arrival time is 18:35. When IP52 was departing at 18:05 during the recent timetable changes it ran fast line all the way to Stevenage so it is a shame not to have a fast run all the way.

Wednesday's run was a little slower but still arrived 1 minute ahead of time. I was planning to get the 1P52 last night as well but my plan was thwarted when I was joined for my journey home by a colleague and he wouldn't have appreciated why we were waiting for the 18:12!

In many respects these are very ordinary trains but it is such a shame to see them going, particularly as their replacements are inferior in lots of respects. They are perfect for the sort of work they do and even have Royal approval! I agree about them being immaculately turned out at the moment, something rarely seen when a fleet is being withdrawn.

I'm aiming to maximise my travels on them over the next couple of weeks and plan to be on the final run, hopefully all the way to Peterborough.

warwickshire

On Moderation
I travelled on 1P52 twice this week. Enthusiasts have been out travelling for the last couple of weeks and I suspect their numbers will increase. There were 12 passengers in the front car on Wednesday.

On Tuesday the train left platform 6 at Kings Cross bank on time and arrived Stevenage 18:32:30. Considering it's pathed on the slow line from Woolmer Green I thought this was pretty good as the timetabled arrival time is 18:35. When IP52 was departing at 18:05 during the recent timetable changes it ran fast line all the way to Stevenage so it is a shame not to have a fast run all the way.

Wednesday's run was a little slower but still arrived 1 minute ahead of time. I was planning to get the 1P52 last night as well but my plan was thwarted when I was joined for my journey home by a colleague and he wouldn't have appreciated why we were waiting for the 18:12!

In many respects these are very ordinary trains but it is such a shame to see them going, particularly as their replacements are inferior in lots of respects. They are perfect for the sort of work they do and even have Royal approval! I agree about them being immaculately turned out at the moment, something rarely seen when a fleet is being withdrawn.

I'm aiming to maximise my travels on them over the next couple of weeks and plan to be on the final run, hopefully all the way to Peterborough.
I was on the service myself on Thursday and yes a fair few got off Stevenage approx 3 . Two at biggleswade and three including myself at Peterborough However numbers down from Thursday.
Also was on aboard yesterday.
Yesterday Friday 30th April was very quiet on board only 4 . Two off Stevenage and one at st neots and myself only to Peterborough . However that might be due to the fact the hst got all the attention.
However what was so different was at stations and all the way to Peterborough especially lineside there was a real good high turnout off photography only taking place. With the lineside having a amazing spectacular attendance with a real good turnout along the whole off the route.

365 Networker

Are there any planned 365 workings on 15th/16th of May?
I don’t think so - I believe they are being fully withdrawn by the 14th. Although that information is only from the Great Northern twitter account, so it might not be accurate.

LA50041

Established Member
Are there any planned 365 workings on 15th/16th of May?
According to the CWN

Saturday 15 May

These are the last planned 365 moves on GN

bramling

Veteran Member
According to the CWN

Saturday 15 May

These are the last planned 365 moves on GN

A bit of an anti-climax really; something like a special non-stop run back to King's Cross after the last Friday evening run would have been more fitting. No doubt this gets the units back to Hornsey in a simple manner though.

365 Networker

Is there going to be any sort of commemoration on the last service? It would be quite nice for one to run with a name plate or a sticker.

LA50041

Established Member
A bit of an anti-climax really; something like a special non-stop run back to King's Cross after the last Friday evening run would have been more fitting. No doubt this gets the units back to Hornsey in a simple manner though.

I guess the issue would be traincrew, there are still large numbers of drivers unavailable for various reasons

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
A shame that they'll just slip away with no fanfare whatsoever. I'm still planning on travelling on the 18:05 service on the Friday, I might try to do the Saturday service too.

bramling

Veteran Member
A shame that they'll just slip away with no fanfare whatsoever. I'm still planning on travelling on the 18:05 service on the Friday, I might try to do the Saturday service too.

I suspect there will be a low-key turnout, like there was for the 313s.

I didn't manage a 365 trip today, but just so happened to time my walk so I was next to the railway when 1P52 came past! :) There was someone with a tripod and camera nearby, not sure if they were out specifically for the 365s.

Let's hope passenger numbers bounce back quickly and it becomes necessary to reinstate the 365s.

Gellico

Anyone aware of diagrams this coming Sunday (09/05)? Many thanks in advance.

LA50041

Established Member
Sunday 9 May

Trains66779

Good evening,would anybody be able to tell me the class 365 diagrams out of Kings Cross for both tomorrow 13th May and Friday 14th May please? Thankyou:)

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Good evening,would anybody be able to tell me the class 365 diagrams out of Kings Cross for both tomorrow 13th May and Friday 14th May please? Thankyou:)
18:12 Kings Cross to Peterborough is the only service both days.

LA50041

Established Member
18:12 Kings Cross to Peterborough is the only service both days.
Final 365 diagrams on GN
Saturday 15th May
1P83 0811 PBO-KGX then ECS to HE
1P85 0910 PBO-KGX then ECS to Nene CHS as 3P65

Kite159

Veteran Member
Shame Great Northern don't turn that ECS to Nene Carriage sidings into a passenger service running non stop to Peterborough for an unofficial 365 farewell (Assuming the only access to the sidings is via a reversal at Peterborough station)

Buffer_mutt

Shame Great Northern don't turn that ECS to Nene Carriage sidings into a passenger service running non stop to Peterborough for an unofficial 365 farewell (Assuming the only access to the sidings is via a reversal at Peterborough station)
Yeah the only way back into Nene is a reverse from either platform 4 or 5.

But it seems a shame we aren't getting a farewell like we did with the 313

Steve Harris

Yeah the only way back into Nene is a reverse from either platform 4 or 5.

But it seems a shame we aren't getting a farewell like we did with the 313
This has been posted in the other 365 thread.
The GN 365s bow out on Saturday with a couple of additional runs:

Diagram 1:
1P83 08:11 PBO-KGX
5Z99 09:23 KGX-KGX (via Bowes Park RRL)
1C65 10:51 KGX-CBG
1C69 13:47 CBG-KGX
5E69 14:55 KGX-Hornsey EMUD

Diagram 2:
1P85 09:10 PBO-KGX
1P65 10:22 KGX-PBO
5P65 11:42 PBO-PBO NENE

Status